Complaint Review: Bennett & Gray, LLC

• Submitted: Mon, February 14, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 14, 2011

• Reported By: terrica32 — Alexandria Louisiana United States of America
Bennett & Gray, LLC

Bennett & Gray, LLC charges for a social security application download , Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Site very clear. Customer made assumptions.

I was trying to find the social security administration website so that I could download the application I thought that I was on the website but turns out I was on some other no affiliate website and then they had a disclaimer at the bottom with some unrealistic rules before all this however it asked me to pay 19.99 I  paid it thinking there was a charge through ssa but it was through the company they are making money  because you can go on the social security website and download the application for free, why be charged for something you can download for free , total rip off. and I fell for it. If I would have searched a little more I would have found the free application not pay 19.99. Dont go to this website unless you want to be charged for a document you can download for free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bennett-Gray-LLC/internet/Bennett-Gray-LLC-charges-for-a-social-security-application-download-Internet-695386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bennett & Gray, LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Site very clear. Customer made assumptions.

AUTHOR: BG Support - (United States of America)

The first sentence on our website explains that "the SSA allows you to replace, update, change or request new social security cards free."  Our site is not deceptive in any way, and we provide a very valuable service, especially for those who wish or need to apply from home because of disabilities or convenience.

We correctly pre-fill this one-size-fits-all government form for our customers.  We then send them an application submission packet which includes personalized instructions, the pre-filled form, and a postage-paid, pre-addressed privacy envelope.  This "easy packet" simply requires a signature and supporting identification documents, which allows customers who may be disabled, don't have a printer, or just want the convenience, to apply without leaving home for postage, oversized privacy envelopes, or hardcopy application forms.

Our website makes it very clear that the customer can complete the process for free without our help if they wish.

If this customer cannot provide any deceptive or misleading language on our website then this report should be removed.