Complaint Review: Ben's Outlet

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: kory — Scottsdale Arizona
Ben's Outlet
Miami Lakes Florida Miami Lakes, Florida USA

Ben's Outlet Will not resend an item ordered and not received nor will the credit my account. Miami Lakes Florida

*General Comment: really now.

*Consumer Comment: The Post Office

Here's the correspondence I have had with Jessica at Ben's Outlet... Also correspondence from Mauricio who promised to credt my account if I did not get the package, which I have not!

Jessica,

This is a lie, it was not shipped to my location!!!!  It was shipped to a local Post Office and never made it to my location, therefore quit giving me such a hard time and credit my account like Mauricio has promised...

Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: Package not received [#1683] [#2028] [#2371] [#3010] [#3898] [#4246]

Hello,

We have been progressively working with UPS regarding your claim and they were able to trace the package back to your location. When a package is claimed as lost, UPS takes the time to investigate the matter by retracing their route back to the location of delivery. If they are able to confirm the drop off, they will deny the claim. Apparently, this package was indeed delivered to your location.

If you feel as if the package was taken from your location, I would strongly suggest that you contact your local authorities.

I apologize for any inconvenience this order may have caused you. If you have any further inquiries, please contact me.

Best regards,

The email below and was sent to us on 8/16/2013 at 5:57:44 PM:

Dear Jessica,

How would you feel if you ordered something from a company like Ben's Outlet, and then did not receive the package and were told by the company, thanks for the payment, but you are not getting what you ordered?

This is completely unacceptable....

I will make complaints to the BBB, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter and many others, including Radio, TV News, and Newspapers, to state how you treat your customers unfairly, if I do not get a refund!!!!!

I have correspondence from you people stating I would get a refund if I did not get this package, and know you are going back at your word?

Please give me your managers name, email and phone #, also the same for the Owner and President.

This is ridiculous!

Make it right.

Give me back the money I paid for this item, since I did not get it....

Sincerely,

Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: Package not received [#1683] [#2028] [#2371] [#3010] [#3898]

Hello,

Due to confirmation of UPS, we cannot issue a refund on an order that was confirmed delivered.

Thank you.

The email below and was sent to us on 8/14/2013 at 1:06:28 PM:

From: "koryjkelley@yahoo.com" <koryjkelley@yahoo.com>
To: Ben's Outlet Support <support@bensoutlet.com>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: Package not received [#1683] [#2028] [#2371] [#3010]

Dear Jessica,

Since I have not received the package, please credit my account....

Thanks in advance,

Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 7:47 AM
Subject: Re: Package not received [#1683] [#2028] [#2371] [#3010]

Hello,

Hope this email finds you well.

We have been progressively working with UPS regarding your claim for non receipt of goods.

According to our carrier, the package was traced back to the address provided at the time of sale and confirmed to have been delivered.

The email below and was sent to us on 8/8/2013 at 10:34:39 AM:

Mauricio,

Please credit my account, package is no where to be found.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sent: Monday, August 5, 2013 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Package not received [#1683] [#2028] [#2371]

Thank you for contacting Ben's Outlet.
I apologize you are still unable to locate the package and I have opened a claim on your behalf. Please allow 7-10 business days for the claim to process. If you have still not located the package at that point, please contact us and we will finalize the claim.
Thank you and please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with.

The email below and was sent to us on 8/4/2013 at 5:37:49 PM:

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have asked my neighbors and post office, no signs of the package...

I'll wait a few more days and keep you posted....

Sent: Sunday, August 4, 2013 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: Package not received [#1683] [#2028]

Thank you for contacting Ben's Outlet,
I am sorry that this package cannot be located. The tracking shows it was delivered and please ask your family and neighbors if they may have received the package for you.

10 Jul 2013 14:30 Package delivered by local post office SCOTTSDALE, AZ

If you are unable to locate the package within a few days, please let me know and I will be glad to replace or refund this missing package.
Sorry for the inconvenience,

The email below and was sent to us on 8/2/2013 at 11:02:36 AM:

Dear support Staff,

Here's the Shipment #,  Ben's Outlet Shipment Notification #R585423637

Let me know if you need anything else...

Thanks in advance for your help on this,

Sent: Friday, August 2, 2013 7:24 AM
Subject: Package not received [#1683]

Thank you for contacting Ben's Outlet,
Can you please provide us with your order number so that i can further assist you?

The email below and was sent to us on 7/31/2013 at 1:47:09 PM:

Dear Support,

Please issue a credit to my account, since I did not get this package.

It's no where to be found.

Sincerely,

Kory Kelley

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bens-Outlet/Miami-Lakes-Florida/Bens-Outlet-Will-not-resend-an-item-ordered-and-not-received-nor-will-the-credit-my-acco-1079399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ben's Outlet

#1 General Comment

really now.

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

First this is one of the major problems with online shopping. Way too many hands are on your product. You cant expect these ppl to give you a refund. If UPS states that the package was delivered then its not on them anymore. Once it left thier hands and was put into UPSs hands they no longer had ANY responsability. Your package was probably stolen right off your porch. This is actually more common then you would think. They even have ppl that will discretly follow a delivery truck and swipe packages.

I understand that you havent recieved your package, but you are going after the wrong ppl. The company that you orderd from did everything right. You purchased from them, they gave your package to UPS, they did everything in good faith. Now you expect them to give you a refund because you didnt recieve your package even after UPS said you did recieve it. There lies the problem. Had you walked in and purchased this item at a store, and someone steals the item from your car, you cant go back to the store you purchased it from and demand a refund. This is the same thing. The internet was the venue in which you made your purchase, and you have to accept the responsability of the shipper loosing your package. The store has already done its part.

You can demand from UPS from now on that any packages you are to recieve are to be signed for by you. Its unfortunate that you didnt recieve your item, but this is no different then you sending someone else to buy something for you and they loose it. Too many hands were on your package. From now on instead of shopping online, shop locally. It will be a little more expensive but you wont have this issue.

The Post Office

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

It appears that the Post Office is telling this company that your shipment was indeed delivered.  It seems your problem is with the Post Office delivery people, not Ben's Outlet.

They have records that they shipped it and that you received it.  Why would they ship it again?  People try all kinds of scams and they don't know you. I wouldn't send it again either.