Complaint Review: Bergey Chevrolet In Zieglersville

• Submitted: Tue, May 05, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Schwenksville Pennsylvania
Bergey Chevrolet In Zieglersville
1207 Gravel Pike Zieglersville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Bergey Chevrolet In Zieglersville Failure to recommend issues that need to be replaced Zieglersville Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Author of original report: Contacted by General manager of Bergey's and Chevrolet Corporate

I brought my 2005 Chevy Aveo to this dealership to get the timing belt replaced on this car.

After paying 365.00. I was at NO time told about the problems with this car and the Idler pulley issues with the vehicles.

Well, here it is only 4 months later....

I was driving on Rt 422 near Trooper, Pa. A major busy highway when my Aveo just STOPS on the LEFT lane on this Road.

I drifted to the right lane ...then had to get out of the car on this busy road and pushed it to the half shoulder of the road. After waiting for almost 3 hours for a tow truck in 90 degree heat, I had the car towed back to Bergey's. This was Tuesday morning. On thursday night I got a call at 4:45 pm, leaving me a message that they are calling around for options..

OPTIONS? for what? I call back and of course this person already left (I called back BEFORE 5 pm !!

Next morning I called and was told that the Idler Pulley went in the car. IDLER pulley? when the timing belt was replaced did it look worn?
I was told NO "Its like a light bulb you never know when it will go"

WHAT?
I was told by the Service Manager, AMy. That there have been issues with this happening and we are encourging the Idler pulley to be replaced when timing belt is being replaced.
SO< This is being told to customers since when? I ONLY had the timing belt replaced in DECEMBER !!??@

Went to see the car on Saturday and spoke with mechanic who said the exact same thing !! They recommend it being replaced when timing belt goes ...SO WHY were we not told ?!

The car is sitting there .... no calls from the sevice dept nothing.As far as I am concerned it can sit there.

$2,500.00 for a used motor with 60,000 plus miles (for what?! so it can happen again?) looked on internet $4,000 for a new motor

It can sit there forever

Bridget
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2009 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bergey-Chevrolet-In-Zieglersville/Zieglersville-Pennsylvania-19473/Bergey-Chevrolet-In-Zieglersville-Failure-to-recommend-issues-that-need-to-be-replaced-Zie-448898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bergey Chevrolet In Zieglersville

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Bridget's not letting up - (U.S.A.)

They have resolved the issue fairly and I could not be happier

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Bridget's not letting up - (U.S.A.)

They have resolved the issue fairly and I could not be happier

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Bridget's not letting up - (U.S.A.)

They have resolved the issue fairly and I could not be happier

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Bridget's not letting up - (U.S.A.)

They have resolved the issue fairly and I could not be happier

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Bridget's not letting up - (U.S.A.)

Contacted by General manager of Bergey's and Chevrolet Corporate

AUTHOR: Bridget's not letting up - (U.S.A.)

I was contacted by Chevy and Bergey's General Manager. They have offered to pay towards the new motor. HMMM... If there was nothing done wrong why would they consider this.

We were NOT made aware of Service Bulletins concerning the problems the Aveo was having with Idler Pulley/Timing Belt.

I was almost KILLED when car died on rt 422 ... Had to push my car to half shoulder of the road and watched huge trucks pass me by within inches of this car. Had to wait hours for a tow truck only to learn that my MOTOR would have to be replaced.

Its $4,000.00

I refuse to pay one cent towards this car.
It's May 12th. Car is still sitting at Bergey's.

I will NOT pay a cent for this motor, if we were made aware of this problem when we replaced the timing belt we would have replaced the Idler Pulley. Plain and simple