Complaint Review: Berkeley Premium Ntraceuticals - Avlimil

• Submitted: Tue, June 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 08, 2004

• Reported By:Perkasie Pennsylvania
Berkeley Premium Ntraceuticals - Avlimil
P.O. Box 42635 Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Berkeley Premium Ntraceuticals - Avlimil Ripoff Placed "free" trial offer on web Wouldn't refund what they indescreetly billed me twice Did not sign up as member Cincinnati Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Think about this....I am happy in the fact that I am troubled working there.

*UPDATE Employee: You can say whatever... face to face

*UPDATE Employee: Answers to all question

*UPDATE Employee: I have a question ...where in Berkeley do you work???

*UPDATE Employee: Things to know

Placed an order for a 30 day "FREE" trial of Avlimil on the web. The only way to get the free trial was to click on the little gray area. Without my knowledge, apparently by doing that, it signed me up as a member.
Of course, I did not know this until I received my charge statement and saw a $70.00 charge.
Inquired with the company. They said I signed up. I said "no, requested free trial". Their response, "We cannot refund you, but we can send you more" That was my only option.

Said yes, still with no intentions of being a member. Today I received another package and was charged another $70.00.

I am aware now, there have been numerous ripoffs with this company. I only wish I new that before I clicked on the little gray button and requested a free trial.
Can you help me please? Thank you

Michelle
Perkasie, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2004 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berkeley-Premium-Ntraceuticals-Avlimil/Cincinnati-Ohio-45242/Berkeley-Premium-Ntraceuticals-Avlimil-Ripoff-Placed-free-trial-offer-on-web-Wouldnt-96964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berkeley Premium Ntraceuticals - Avlimil

Think about this....I am happy in the fact that I am troubled working there.

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Yes, they do tell customers about MCD. They also tell them that they are getting a 30 day cycle. True. They tell them they will be charged their next payment when the shipment goes out. They tell them that their next shipment will be shipped about 5 days before the end of their cycle.

What they don't say is that the clock starts on the order date and it is on average 18 from order date. The agents ballpark it at 20 days. It is not made clear that it is NOT from the date in which you recieve it. So, if it takes 3-5 days to get to you, then you get the next cycle 15 days after you get it. Does that seem right?

THAT part is not explained to the customer.

THEN, when they try to cancel and return the product, they are denied. THAT is not right at all. i have been with the company a while too. I KNOW that the 4.50 is a HOOK. We tell them it is just for shipping (true), but we make must of our money taking the next month's payment and not returning it.

Just in the shear fact of the number of calls that Customer Care gets, doesn't that tell you something. It is not uncommon at all for customer care to get more calls that Sales and we have just launched 6 more more products. I see the commercials all the time now.

The system is broken, and the only way this company makes money is by holding the customer's money hostage. We make it so difficult for the customer that some just give up with a promise of no further shipments.

The reason that I work there right now, is because I need the work. The job market in Cincinnati sucks right now, and I am looking for daylight. It is actually a bad thing to put this company on a resume in case you were interested. When they review a resume they go "Oh, you work for Berkeley." That should tell you something.
If the marketplace improves, i will get going don't worry.

It seems that you get your jollies off by supporting this type of behavior. I have two mouths to feed. The money I MIGHT get on unemployment would not cover living expenses. So THAT is why I collect my paycheck. YES I make sales while in Customer Care, but I do not lie to the customers. I only sell to those that I have completely explained EVERYTHING too. I only sell to those that WANT to be customers. Unlike you other headhunters that will try and trick callers into taking an offer without telling them that IT will put them on MCD as well.

I have said this before. I would rather have 1 million happy customers that want to be customers, than 5 million customers that got tricked into being a customer.

You are either a moraly bankrupt person, OR you have been brainwashed by the company line. I will let you decide which it is. I would hope that you would at least agree that this is NOT how things should be done. The customers should not be treated as the enemy, yet, we are told that they will lie and cheat us and try to get their money back. Why do you think that is? Why do you think customers want their money back? What would YOU have to say if something like that happened to you at at another company that you called into? Would you want your money back? Would you offer to return the product? Would you be pissed if you were told that you could not get a refund?
Yeah, yeah, I know. "They are a consumeable, and we can not return them." In truth, the product itself cost less than 3 dollars per unit. That is because they have recouped their initial investment in to research. That is why Avlimil used to be $75 for a 30 day cycle. Now, it is less than half that.

So in effect, we are ripping these people off over $6 worth of product (first month MCD 2 for 60). Does that seem right?

To top it off, most of the products are BS anyway. Most only work for people because they think it is working. I love Avlimil for this example. Each ingredient has its own seperate properties. It wasn't until our owner decided to try mixing them altogether and slapping a name on it. The truth is, most of the ingredients are harmful if taken with certain medications. We do not disclose that. We use the "consult your doctor" line. When a customer calls in to say that it is not working, we are to tell them, "well, you have to give it 90 days to see results". THAT is why we shove another order down your throat. Of course we fail to tell them that.
Enzyte, is another fun one. The packaging used to claim p***s enlargement. It preyed upon men that were insecure. Now it reads, it will help you achieve maximum potential. So if you are as big as you are now, then you are at your potential. It is just another way for them to trick guys into thinking it will make their p***s bigger.

Altovis, Provides energy. Yeah I bet. 100 mg of caffine in each tablet.

Rogisen, supposed to provide eye health.
Vitamin C 250 mg 417% of Recommended value. Vit E 100 IU 333%. Zinc 40 mg 267%. Selenium 200 mcg 286%. Then their is the filler items that have not DV recommendations. Can we say vitamin overdose? All this product will do it make you need to see a doctor and possibly damage your DNA. Just eat some carrots.

As you can see, these products are useless and barely work. When they do have the right things in them, they are at dangerous levels, or have items in them that are NOT regulated by the FDA.

So Shelly, here we are. We both work for a company that takes money from people. A company that sells a product that barely works. A company that through its own policies steals and hold money hostage. The only differnce is that I at least know they are doing wrong and you don't see anything wrong at all.

I am happy in the fact that I am troubled working there. That at least means that I have something of value to teach my children. I wonder if you can say the same thing? I wonder if I will see your children in jail because their mother taught them so well.

You go ahead and have a good night's sleep tonight. Just keep telling yourself that nothing is wrong. I am sure you will continue to do well there.

You can say whatever... face to face

AUTHOR: A Very Happy Employee, Shelly - (U.S.A.)

"Jeff" you can say whatever you would like about Berkeley, but you stay at a company you think that badly about collecting a paycheck that you feel comes from all the poor, poor people you feel have been scammed....Now if you have been with this company for any length of time you would know that MC is told to each and every customer either on the sales call, in the brochure, on the website, or even ON the product its self....Now with the last post you said something about (with termination paperwork in hand) I wish I was able to do that, but sorry I'm in the SSG...If you look on other post you'll see my name and ext#...I was just wanting to talk with you face to face because I feel your wrong for staying at a company you feel so badly about...I'll bet when you get you paycheck your not feeling sorry for these people...I have been with this company for over a year and I'm very happy with the company and feel the company bends over backwards to explain MC...so for you to dog the company that pays your bills and your staying there, is just wrong..also the fact that you wont state who you really are that just shows your a punk and your scared...So friday take a hard look at your paycheck and you remember all these poor customers...and the company that pays your BILLS...

Answers to all question

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

You got me. "Jeff" is not my real name. I am not as stupid as those that come up with the policies. While I disagree with almost everything, I still like to collect a paycheck.

I have done Sales first, then Customer Care if that helps your witch hunt. I was leveled to see the aftermath of piss poor sales tactics and the companies' unwillingness to make things right.

Never before have I seen such practicies. I have done sales jobs before, selling some pretty off of the wall items that people just really would not need. Every try to sell garage doors? They either have them or they don't! Yet, i made a living doing it as well.

This company took my sales talent and had me selling products that prey upon medical issues that women face and many other products that prey on the insecurites of others. They make claims based on out dated information. An example would be Enzyte. It is based on some research done in the early sixties and before. I am fairly certain we have advanced medicine since then. I guess if I looked back far enough, I would find something that says attaching leeches to my p***s would make it grow too. Use recent information when dealing with people!

Then came my move to Customer Care. Oh My Goodness!! "Do not credit" "We give no credits" "Issuing credits will go against you" "if you issue too many credits, they will fire you". All actual quotes that I have heard from Team Leads (Supervisors) and Managers at one point or another.

I have many more quotes to share, but I will hold back for now. One of the more painful policies that I had to learn and enforce is the "only credit with a doctor's statement". That seems so unfair making the customer (who is paying our checks) have to jump through hoops to get their money back. Does that seem fair?

I knew about the company after seeing both sides of the sales fence. Yet I have stayed. that does not mean I have to sit idly by and not say anything. While I AM masking my identity, the words I speak are true. If they were not, then I would expect to be yelled at or critisized, and I would be no better that the operators of the company.

I found this site to be a vessel in which I can help more people with one post than handling 100 calls a day and having my hands tied.

While I am sure you "would like to talk to me" (with termination paperwork in hand) about speaking up for the customers, I think I will have to pass on your offer. That way, I can continue to be an outlet of truth for the customers that we have treated unfairly and be able to provide them a way to get satisfaction and resolution.

I would be happy to reply to any other questions, wether they be from employees or customers. I am here to help. However, I do ask that if you are an employee, please bring something constructive to the discussion. You are welcome to try and counter what I have said, IF it is based on Truth and FACTS. Since I have already done so, I don't expect much disagreement.

I have a question ...where in Berkeley do you work???

AUTHOR: Shelly - (U.S.A.)

This question is to Jeff (if thats your real name) where in Berkeley do you work??? I like Steve (from a different post) work in Customer Care?? I would like to chat with you at work sometime.....

They do that to people.

First, on the web site, it does tell you that you will be enrolled into the managed Care Direct (MCD) plan. Now I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but it is true.

Secondly, they can not refund you for shipments already sent out. It has something to do with the fact that it is a consumable. Once again, sorry I had to say that.

Now to help you get off the ride.

You can go to askberkeley.com and hit the Cancel Managed Care Direct button on the left hand side. That would be the quickest and easiest way. Also, you would be able to print screen and have proof that you canceled.

Another way, is to call Customer Care again. This time DO NOT take any offer. This WILL keep you on a plan and they WILL charge you more. You have to say no no no no to all of their offers. They will cancel you though.

That should help with further charges.

Now, about trying to get your money back. They record almost all calls these days. So you may be stuck on your orders you have already recieved. You do have two ways you can try to get your money back though.

1) Talk to your doctor. If you can get him to fax or write you a letter saying that for some medical reason you are unable to take the product, they are required to give you your money back. Most common reason is a reaction to the Black Kohash in the product.
Secondly, you can contact your Credit Card company and dispute the charges. This is actually an effective way to fight back. Many people use this option, and it seems to work.