Complaint Review: Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals

• Submitted: Tue, September 14, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2004

• Reported By:Stephens City Virginia
Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals
PO Box 42635 Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals Ripoff with refund policy changed policy without warning Cincinnati

I ordered the free 30 day sample based on the TV ad. It cost $4.90 for shipping & handling. You had to provide a credit card number and you would be automatically shipped the next supply if you didn't cancel "prior to the next shipment".

I ordered my "free" sample on 8/13/04 online. I did not receive it until 8/21, which is a week's time. One cannot begin a 30-day supply until you receive it... therefore, when I called to cancel the next shipment this evening (9/14/04), I was informed my credit card was already charged and the shipment is en route.

Prior to calling to cancel... thinking I had enough time... I found difficulty locating the original website. That's because it has changed! There is no suvaril.com anymore. I finally found it under the Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals site after searching.

I could find NO cancellation policy anywhere on the website other that cancellation for the Value-Added (Direct Management) program, which, I subsequently found by searching on the site, that on 8/16/04 (three days after my initial order) they DISCONTINUED this program. No other means for cancelling the 60 day supply, which is the only thing they offered to me at the time, is available. But, in big, bold flashing print at the top, they offer a money-back guarantee on 90 day supply orders. No questions asked - full refund. I suppose that's only until they receive a ton of orders and then CHANGE their policy AGAIN.

I spoke w/a supervisor named Tony D. (ext. 5604), who was very rude to me when I demanded a refund. He was argumentative and, at one point, said he refused to give me the $35 credit he was offering for my "misunderstanding" that he initially offered. This was when I accepted the $35 and said I would dispute the other $35 with my credit card company.

As I was having a rather LOUD discussion with "Tony D.", I could hear another "supervisor" yelling at another, presumably disgruntled, customer. Of course, I pointed it out to Tony. He didn't seem amused at all.

I feel their changing policies were put "in place" only to rip off unsuspecting customers. I argued that if the company was willing to offer a money-back guarantee ("no questions asked") on the 90-day supply, why not on the 60-day. The answer - that was not what I agreed to.

When I questioned the fact the NO WHERE on their website do they refer to the 60-day policy...he only said that that's what I received when I ordered. He agreed the website had changed, but that didn't matter in my instance.

By the way, in doing a search for a local address/phone number for Berkeley Premium Pharmaceuticals, nothing was found.

They have ALOT of products they are offering... from "Smiling Bob and his Enzyte to Avlimil. I'd be leery of any product claim from this group. With changing policies and NO proof or validation to back you up, you're up a creek without a paddle (and without your money).

Also, when Tony D. did agree to give me a $35 credit, I asked for a confirmation. He replied that they "don't give confirmations on refunds because it is not their policy to give refunds". I asked how I know I'll receive the credit, and his answer was because he said so. In 5 to 7 days, we'll see.

He (Tony) also said that if I dispute the remaining $35 with my credit card company, he will put the charge back on my credit card. Tell me that's not illegal! Needless to say I'm contacting my credit card company.

Buyer beware.... you know the old adage about the free lunch.

Kristi
Stephens City, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2004 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berkeley-Premium-Nutraceuticals/Cincinnati-Ohio-45242/Berkeley-Premium-Nutraceuticals-Ripoff-with-refund-policy-changed-policy-without-warning-C-108418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals