Mississippi

• Updated: Tue, July 23, 2013

• Reported By: scammed — West Portsmouth Ohio
Berkely Group Travel Insurance
300 Jericho Quadrangle Jericho, New York USA

Berkely Group Travel Insurance Funjet, Priceline, Expedia, Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company Natural disaster claim denied/Tropical Storm Andrea and flooded resort, close all-inclusive due to weather Jericho New York

My daughter and I decided to travel to Cancun for our summer vacation. It was a cloudy day when we arrived, but we were in Cancun! We didnt care! Then the horror started....Tropical storm Andrea...it rained 6 days straight which is of no fault of Berkely Group Travel Insurance. The issue is that our resort flooded and was in an utter mess! We could not get to the restaurants for our all-inclusive meals or anywhere outside of our room! The WiFi did not work so our family had no idea if we were ok in this tropical storm. The electric was constantly off and on. I contacted my travel agent and asked to come home. Berkely told him that I could come home on their dime only if my home was in danger during a natural disaster, but not where I was at the time. Now, does that make sense? Stay IN a natural disaster because getting to a safe place is not covered....but if your home is suffering during a natural disaster, they will pay for you to go to the natural disaster??? I just wanted me and my daughter to be in a safe place with food and they laughed at me when I wanted to come home. Then again when I was home safe and tried to get reimbursed for no meals and the flooded resort. Not worth the $300 I paid to insure my trip! I will not stop until everyone knows not to buy from these people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berkely-Group-Travel-Insurance/Jericho-New-York-11753/Berkely-Group-Travel-Insurance-Funjet-Priceline-Expedia-Stonebridge-Casualty-Insurance-1069387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berkely Group Travel Insurance