Complaint Review: Berkely Travel Insurance

• Reported By: autumn — Midwest City Oklahoma
Berkely Travel Insurance
300 Jericho Quadrangle Jericho, New York United States of America

Berkely Travel Insurance Denied valid claim Jericho, New York

Booked a hotel room through Priceline and paid the extra fee for Travel Insurance. The same day I booked the room, I received a Jury Duty summons to appear in court the same day my trip was supposed to take place. I filed a claim and sent them a copy of my summons. At the bottom of the summons was the Court Clerk's signature and a note saying the summons was issued on March 19, 2013. The post mark on the envelope is March 25, 2013. There is no way for them to know what day I received my summons, but yet they denied my claim based on the issue date was before the date that I booked my hotel. They are arguing that I knew I was supposed to be in court, and book my room anyway. I don't believe this company ever pays out on claims. I think it's all a scam. Not happy at all. How can you tell me when I received something in the mail? The fact I had jury duty the same day as my trip should be enough to approve the claim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berkely-Travel-Insurance/Jericho-New-York-11753/Berkely-Travel-Insurance-Denied-valid-claim-Jericho-New-York-1044575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berkely Travel Insurance