- Report: #818220
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: BerkelyCare Insurance
BerkelyCare Insurance300 Jericho Quadrangle Jericho, New York United States of America
BerkelyCare Insurance Car Insurance option when you rent a car through Priceline. a.k.a. as another insurance company when you sign up on-line. A subsidiary of Aon Insurance. I paid them to insure my rental vehicle, they refuse to pay for damages. Jericho, New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) - They said I did not report the accident with the car rental agency.....that is obviously false, I had to immediately bring my damaged car back to the Alamo agency to have it the accident documented, and the damaged vehicle replaced with a road-worthy one. To top it off, BerkelyCare received many pages of data from Alamo - dated the day of the accident.
2) They requested a police report. I informed them that in L.A., no police report is made for minor accidents, even if requested, unless certain circumstances arise, i.e., personal injury, etc., which did not arise. I even verified with with a Highway Patrol Officer, gave them his name, and copied the California DMV rules from the website. There is no way to get a police report for a basic fender bender in L.A.
Berkely's reply was: "well, our policy states a police report is required." At this point, I got my lawyer involved in late September, and they still have not replied to him.
The adjustor, Laura Cortese, must get a bonus based on denied claims.
How dare they offer to cover your vehicle for property damage, then lie after you give them proof that you reported the accident right away to Alamo, then use fine print to try to weasel out of providing the property insurance you paid for?
Just wait until they see my lawsuit for treble and punitive damages!
I will be contacting Priceline as well.
Just say no to BerkelyCare, they only "Care" about their greedy pockets full of your cash!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2012 01:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BerkelyCare-Insurance/Jericho-New-York-11753/BerkelyCare-Insurance-Car-Insurance-option-when-you-rent-a-car-through-Priceline-aka-a-818220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.