Complaint Review: BerkelyCare Insurance

• Updated: Tue, February 21, 2012

• Reported By: Nancy — Gaithersburg Maryland United States of America
BerkelyCare Insurance
300 Jericho Quadrangle P.O. Box 9022 Jericho, New York United States of America

BerkelyCare Insurance Priceline Travel Insurance No response to emails. Then they blocked my email address. Certified mail sent now Jericho, New York

My son and I were going to Baltimore for him to participate in a Swim Meet. I decided to try Priceline for the first time. I made reservation through Priceline and purchased the Travel Insurance. We were supposed to check in for one night (Saturday). Wednesday night my son was injured, both arms were affected. We went to two different doctors and by Friday the doctors said there was no way he was going to be able to swim. I called the Doubletree hotel, cancelled the reservation with them, got a cancellation number. I called BerkleyCare, explained the situation, told them we need to cancel and asked for the necessary forms to be emailed to me.  The form did not arrive. I sent a follow-up email, nothing, I sent a third email and said if I did not receive the forms I would contact BBB and within 3 minutes the forms were delivered via email. I had the forms filled out by the doctor, filled out my part, and emailed the forms as instructed. The email bounced.  I sent them again this time I included a cc to the customer service email address as well. Nothing, and the email bounced from the claims email address. I sent it a third time and now it seems they have blocked my email address. I will be sending the form via signature required certified mail this morning, but I do not expect that I will receive an answer or a refund.  I am a single disabled parent trying to save a few dollars, and instead, got ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2012 06:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BerkelyCare-Insurance/Jericho-New-York-11753/BerkelyCare-Insurance-Priceline-Travel-Insurance-No-response-to-emails-Then-they-blocked-842439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BerkelyCare Insurance