Complaint Review: BerkelyCare Travel Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, April 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, April 28, 2012

• Reported By: Lucy — Sacramento Internet United States of America
BerkelyCare Travel Insurance

BerkelyCare Travel Insurance Priceline Travel Insurance My surgery was canceled but Berkely/Priceline Travel Insurance denied my claim! Internet

My out of state surgery was canceled (which was out of my control). I found out two days before I was supposed to leave. My sister was also going with me.

Berkely Travel Insurance, the only travel insurance company Priceline uses, denied my claim because their policy states they do not cover any illness, or any surgical procedures. They also do not cover immediate family members of the person who is ill or having a medical procedure done.

Does this make any sense at all!!! This is outrageous! The representative read the policy and the exclusion to me. I was dumbfounded. What is the point of purchasing insurance. If you have to cancel your trip for any medical reason they will deny your claim. Their is no fine print however when you purchase their insurance with your ticket.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2012 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BerkelyCare-Travel-Insurance/internet/BerkelyCare-Travel-Insurance-Priceline-Travel-Insurance-My-surgery-was-canceled-but-Berk-875308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BerkelyCare Travel Insurance