Complaint Review: BerkelyCare

• Updated: Sat, October 08, 2011

• Reported By: Cruisers — Hackettstown New Jersey United States of America
BerkelyCare
Jericho, New York United States of America

BerkelyCare Stonebrdige Casulalty BerkelyCare aka Stonebridge aka Aon aka Affinity sells Bogus Insurance Jericho, New York

This is suppose to be Travel Protection and we purchased the Travel Protection through NCL with an NCL Crusie Consultant explaining this a Celebratory Cruise since my surgery some 4 1/2 wks prior.

The NCL Cruise Consultant ask other medical questions as well and we talked for well over an hour.

The policy I eventually reveived states we should have been reimbursed 100% without this Clause but we never received this until we asked for the paperwork when we called Cassandra to file to cancel.

I had to have emergency surgery 2 days pre cruise and we had to cancel only to find there was a Pre-Existing Clause voiding me and my husband from ever using this insurance and we lost the $2246.16.

The BerkelyCare site is only a summary of their services and does not make mention of this Pre-Existing Clause nor would I ever think to ask.

If this was so clear cut, then why did it take Berkely from April til June 20th to decide that this was factored under the Pre-Existing Clause. My Specialist specifically documented that on their Claim Form that the first surgery of December 2010, failed, and that I needed Emergency Surgery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2011 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BerkelyCare/Jericho-New-York-11753/BerkelyCare-Stonebrdige-Casulalty-BerkelyCare-aka-Stonebridge-aka-Aon-aka-Affinity-sells-B-786320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BerkelyCare