Complaint Review: Berkley Pharmacuticals

• Submitted: Mon, July 26, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 26, 2004

• Reported By:gilroy California
Berkley Pharmacuticals
Po Box 42635, Cincinati, Oh, 45248 Nationwide U.S.A.

Berkley Pharmacuticals - Berkley Labs - Avlimil ripoff from Berkley Pharmacuticals TV ads Cincinati ohio

I responded to the "free sample" from a TV ad for Avlimil. It turned out that -after they took my credit card number- there was a shipping charge of $4.95. I was also subsequently unknowingly "signed up" for future automatic shipments at a cost of 70.00 per shipment (appx. 1 month supply). The product is a hoax in my opinion. It was charged to my credit card even though I returned the product. I reported them to Bank of America who told me I had authorized them to use my card. I never knowingly gave them authorization. I disputed the charge.

I was sent 1 more shipment over the next 2 months but charged for 2. Same scenario. I disputed the charges. It took several months to finally get a credit. In the mean time- Berkley Pharmacuticles had free use of my $210.00 at no interest to them. They are running ads for similar products for several other conditions and all products are OTC. I called the company and they told me I had to stay on the product for 12 months before the would engage their "Guaranteed Refund". They also told me if I returned the product before that time, I would not receive a refund. Berkley Labs AKA Berkley Pharmacuticals caused me HOURS of work to get this problem corrected.

Laura
gilroy, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2004 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berkley-Pharmacuticals/nationwide/Berkley-Pharmacuticals-Berkley-Labs-Avlimil-ripoff-from-Berkley-Pharmacuticals-TV-ads-100591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berkley Pharmacuticals