recommendations

• Submitted: Tue, April 13, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, April 13, 2004

• Reported By:Fallbrook California
Berkley Premium Pharmaceuticals
askenzyte.com Cinncinati, Ohio U.S.A.

Berkley Premium Pharmaceuticals ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing charged credit card w/o my knowledge Cinncinati Ohio

I saw tv ad for "free sample" of Altovis recently, all natural supplement for fatigue. I called the number. There was a $4.50 shipping charge I agreed to. I was immediately offered a discount on further shipments (which should've given me a hint) but I politely declined, stating that I would like to see how the sample worked first before I ordered more. I received my shipment within a week or so, then, 2-3 weeks later, my credit card was automatically charged $70 by the same company!

I called and they said that was because "in agreeing to accept the sample, I was automatically "enrolled" in their "program", it should have been explained to me over the phone, or was in the fine print of the sample I received. I stated that I had verbally declined the offer over the phone, and I received no "fine print" with the sample. I became quite upset and felt that I had just become a victim of a fraudulent money making scam. I asked for the $70 refund, and they gave me a hard time, so I insisted upon speaking with a manager. The manager, "Jose" would not give me his last name, only his ID number. He also refused to disclose the name of his supervisor or let me speak with them, saying "they weren't there." He was not much of a help, but finally after much yelling and threatening on my part, he agreed to refund my $70, after which I told him I would be reporting him and his company to the BBB.

Michelle
Fallbrook, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2004 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berkley-Premium-Pharmaceuticals/Cinncinati-Ohio-45218/Berkley-Premium-Pharmaceuticals-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-charged-credit-card-w-87561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berkley Premium Pharmaceuticals