Complaint Review: Berman Investment Group

• Submitted: Thu, May 26, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2005

• Reported By:Lexington South Carolina
Berman Investment Group
1301 Dove Street, Suite 870 Newport Beach, California U.S.A.

Berman Investment Group Scam Artist, Rip-offs, False Advertising Newport Beach California *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Author of original report: Money Back!!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Berman Investment Group 100% Return Policy

*UPDATE Employee: Berman Investment Group 100% Return Policy

*UPDATE Employee: Berman Investment Group 100% Return Policy

I was asked to order "I got here and so can you" FREE c.d. and book set for my mother. Once I entered all my info, I realized I had to pay $3.95 for shipping and handling. Okay, that was fine...

Now, 1 month later my bank account has a $99.90 debit, not to mention over-draft fees I had now aquired. I had the package sent straight to my mothers house and I had forgotten all about. So I call them up and tell them I want my money back and that I will send them teir product back.

It turns out, that I can not send the item back, my mom has to. What I don't really understand about all this is why MY credit card was debited and why I AM NOT allowed to authorize a return.

If this company was not trying to rip people off, them how come they don't give you a return address when the product is shipped to you? Columbia House and BMG music give you one. I STRONGLY believe that the Berman Investment Group does this scam in hopes that people will not fight this charge, that they will just accept it, cut their losses and move on.

My advise to everyone who has made the mistake I have is to fight this until you get your money back. As for the people who are thinking about ordering this "FREE" c.d. DON'T DO IT it's a SCAM

Ashleigh
Lexington, South Carolina

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
[email protected]
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2005 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berman-Investment-Group/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Berman-Investment-Group-Scam-Artist-Rip-offs-False-Advertising-Newport-Beach-California-144091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berman Investment Group

Money Back!!!!

AUTHOR: Ashleigh - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted everyone who has been ripped off by Berman Investment Group to know that soon after my posted report I got my money back. Thanks to a comment that was left on another entry concerning the same comapany, I learned some law.

When I called them I got the "run around" until I told them that things sent through the mail that are unordered are considered a gift. The funny thing is they changed their tune right away. I told them I didn't even have to return the product a that they still had to refund me.

Well I sent it all back (ever the free gift)a within a week I had my money back. I feel sorry for the people that work there that don't realize why some many angry people call everyday.
To everyone who has been ripped off by these people, just complain enough or call your bank/visa and you should recieve a refund. I did!!!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

But you better make sure you get in touch with someone at the berman Investment Group and send it back before the charge date or you can kiss you money goodbye.

Berman Investment Group 100% Return Policy

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

The Berman Investment Group has a 100% return policy and we will accept any book or CD's in saleable condition for a full credit. In addition, we do not ship unordered products and our web site clearly indicates, in several places, our terms and conditions and return policy of our offers. An insert is also shipped with all of our products informing the consumer on how to return any materials if they desire a return. Furthermore, only the consumer/account holder, who is named on the account, can obtain a return authorization code. The Berman Investment Group Customer Care Center is open Monday Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST. After hours customer service is available 7-days a week. The Customer Care Center and after hours center can be reached toll free at (877) 237-6265.

Berman Investment Group 100% Return Policy

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)