Complaint Review: Berman Investment Group

• Submitted: Thu, October 20, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, October 20, 2005

• Reported By:Rosamond California
Berman Investment Group
1301 Dove Street St 870, Newport Beatch, California U.S.A.

Berman Investment Group ripoff unsolicted merchandise, cumbersome return process Newport Beatch California

Ordered "free" book and CD from 55money.com. Could not find any mention that additional merchandise would be shipped but they sent me 8 more CDs along with notice they would bill my credit card for $99.90 in 30 days if they weren't returned.

Called their 877 number to attempt to return them and as soon as I said I wanted to schedule a return was put on endless hold.

I called again and was again put on hold for several minutes after which I was offered a 25% discount to $74.90 if I'd keep the unsolicited CDs. I refused. It took nearly 20 minutes to get a return authorization number and the address where to send the package after which they offered all 8 CDs to me for a one-time charge of $14.90. Since the cost of driving 16 miles round trip to the post off plus the cost of a "crush proof conatiner", postage, insurance, and delivery confirmation would come close to that amount I agreed. Having seen how these folks do business I would NEVER want to be associated with them in any way!!! If you are tempted to order Berman's "free" book and CD my advise is DON'T!

Lemont
Rosamond, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2005 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Berman-Investment-Group/Newport-Beatch-California-03560/Berman-Investment-Group-ripoff-unsolicted-merchandise-cumbersome-return-process-Newport-B-161446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Berman Investment Group