Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane Associates, actually run as B L Marketing International Inc. d/b/a Bernard Haldane

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, August 27, 2001

• Reported By:Manalapan NJ
100 Princeton Overlook Center, Suite 100 Princeton, New Jersey U.S.A.

More on the Bernard Haldane Rip-off Scam *UPDATE ..they settled, thank you!

*0: Thank you for your assistence in this matter.

This is just some more on the Haldane rip off.

Like you all I have been ripped of by the folks who run this scam. The report filed on the 8th of August is pretty inclusive but I thought I might be able to add a few more details. All of the following compare verbal commitments during the sales process to actual delivered results.

1. Commited to having their affiliate, Sterling Hightower put me in touch with 4000-6000 recruiters. When asked for a list they said they don't know who gets them.

2. Commited to providing detailed contacts at 200-400 local recruiters. In fact I received a list of 19 local recruiters of which 8 were within 100 miles of my residence, 1 was non-existent, 1 dealt only in Medical Personnel and one dealt only in Legal personnel, I am neither a doctor or lawyer.

3. Commited to putting me in touch with hundreds more national recruiters. Toward this end, I received a list of 40 which included the 19 on the "local list" leaving 21. Of the 21, 4 were subsidiary offices of one company (Howard Fischer) and 10 were subsidiary offices of Russell Reynolds. As these all share resumes, the result of these 14 contacts is the same as having 2. That leaves 9 national recruiter contacts. I could do better pulling contacts out of trade publications and national magazines!

4. Commited to putting me in touch with venture funds. They gave me a list to mail to. My follow up has indicated that 25% or more do not exist. When I confronted a member of their management team with this fact he admitted that the list is over 1.5 years old and inaccurate.

5. Promised a list of "contacts I've never thought of. The people who will create a position for you". It was suggested that this will be provided from some proprietary database that they maintain. To date........I have receied nothing!

6. They promise a set of letters and documents that will generate interest. Instead the material was old, outdated, poorly written containing grammatical errors and very unexciting. I've had to write all my own material.

7. While a nice guy and one who tries to help, by his own admission my advisor is overworked (claims 130 clients). My meetings are far and few between and when I arrive he has no agenda and is unprepared.

8. Part of the sales pitch is an extensive research department. When I asked for a list of contacts by sic code it took 3 weeks to be delivered to me. A subsequent request 2 weeks ago has not yet been provided. I could do better in the library.

9. As indicated in the report of August 8th, the only basis to their pricing appears to be ability to pay. I am the other person identified in that report who paid $10,000 for this pitiful scam.

10. They pitch their technology as a key to helping in your search. With a Master's degree in Computer Science and 28 years in thh IT industry I can state with confidence that their technolgoy is unsophisticated, lacks the capabilities of most free career sites, poorly maintained and often not available.

So I've been ripped off and judging from the contents of the ripoff report so has many others. I suggest we ban together and do something about this. There have been class action suits against organizations offering similar "capabilities". In at least one case the result was that the defendent was forced out of business. All I want is my money back but I'll settle for that as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-Associates-actually-run-as-B-L-Marketing-International-Inc-dba-Bernard-Haldane/Princeton-New-Jersey-08540/More-on-the-Bernard-Haldane-Rip-off-Scam-UPDATE-they-settled-thank-you-6270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane Associates, actually run as B L Marketing International Inc. d/b/a Bernard Haldane

#1 0

Thank you for your assistence in this matter.

AUTHOR: - ()

Please be advised that my dispute with Bernard Haldane Associates has been amicably settled to the satisfaction of all parties.

Thank you for your assistence in this matter.

The ripoff report number was 6270.

I am in Manalapan NJ and they are in Princeton NJ.
I cannot disclose the terms of the settlement however I can state that they included emailing you to indicate that I am satisfied with the agreement.

I believe that my posting in the ripoff report played a role in the settlement.

Thanks and be advised that I will not hesitate to use your report again.

R. A.