Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane Associates

• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, December 05, 2001

• Reported By:
Bernard Haldane Associates
8888 Keystone Crossing, Suite 1675 Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane, Indianapolis....Pay back. *UPDATE ..Haldane doesn't care

*0: Not only does it all appear to be true, Haldane doesn't care, and thats worse.

*0:

Thank you everyone, for stopping me before it was almost to late.

I haven't signed with BH, although they did manage to talk me into pulling the $5000 out of my 401K. I could roll it back in, but if 1/3 of what I have read is true, I figure the money will be better spent placing an ad in the Indianapolis Star directing people to this and other sites to try to stop them from making the mistake I almost made, $5K will buy ads for a long time.

I do have some questions for those not stopped in time.

1. I was verbally promised my money back from my future employer, any one heard this one?

2. I was told "They just don't accept anyone" were you told the same?

3. Any lawyers out there, can I get the penalty for early withdrawl on the 401K from them, verbal contract thing, they said I wouldn't find anything "bad" about them if I looked.

I'm going to keep the "money" appointment I have with them Monday, December the 3rd, 2001. I'm going to print out this comment, along with others here and elsewhere, and present it to Dave Caswell, VP (salesman) and see what he has to say.

I HATE BEING MADE A FOOL OF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-Associates/Indianapolis-Indiana/Bernard-Haldane-IndianapolisPay-back-UPDATE-Haldane-doesnt-care-8379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane Associates

#1 0

Not only does it all appear to be true, Haldane doesn't care, and thats worse.

AUTHOR: - ()

The meeting with Haldane on Monday was pretty uneventful. I told them I searched "Bernard Haldane" on the web and the only good comments I found about them linked to one of their many web sites. I also informed them that I found many bad comments, on news groups, discussion boards, and web sites and showed them some examples I printed out. To be fair, I also told them I realise that if someone has a bad experience they are quick to complain, and if their experience is good they rarely say anything. I then asked if he would comment on the examples I brought.

He didn't even bother to look at what I brought. He simply stated that he made a mistake and I wasn't Haldane material after all. I told him I pulled money out of my 401K on his advice because he told me I was "Haldane material". I was then informed the meeting was over.

I worked customer service for 10 years, if one of my customers came to me and showed me bad information about me or the company I worked for I would have reassured them, investigated the complaints and taken action in my power to correct the issues raised. I would have NEVER told them they don't "deserve" to be my customer.

Before my final meeting with Haldane I thought that the information I found out about them was as bad as it could get, I was wrong. I left that meeting feeling worse about Haldane than when I arrived, at least they could have tried to defend themselves....put in that last effort to try to get me to sign...instead I was brushed aside. I normally believe about 1/3 of what I read on the 'net, about Haldane I guess I will have to believe it all. Not only does it all appear to be true, Haldane doesn't care, and thats worse.

#2 0