Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane Associates

• Reported By:
Bernard Haldane Associates
Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Beware of BHA Bernard Haldane Associates

My experience with BHA was similar to most of those in this thread, so rather than go into lengthy detail, I'll only hit the high lights.

I did not give BHA any money, though I did go through the same two opening sessions as described by others.

My "Vice President" had been with the company for less than a year and literally read from a manual as he walked me through the steps. I told my wife prior to the second interview what I thought they were up to, and my hunch, of course, proved correct. Pardon the use of a trite expression, but "If it seems too good to be true, it usually is."

In some ways, BHA is a textbook case of high pressure sales tactics employed by such groups as time-share agents. 1. Pump you up. 2. Make you believe you 'must' have the product. 3. Compliment your answers (both spouses) to their questions but tell the client how the question would be better answered with additional training. 4. Provide specific figures during their presentation (e.g. 95% of our clients get great jobs), but be vague when asked for a specific answer by the client. 5. Indicate that the contract "must" be signed at the end of the meeting or you'll lose a great opportunity.

I must admit that my initial skeptism was confirmed by the posts at ripoffreports.com and for that I thank the site owners and those who wrote to warn others. This is a valuable resource.

If you are considering BHA as possible source of employment help, I strongly urge you to look elsewhere. They are unlikely to provide any substantial help, and certainly not help worth the $3-7K they charge. (My fee would have been $4500.)

If you paid BHA, good luck getting your money back. If you haven't signed with BHA, stay away from them and good luck finding employment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-Associates/Jacksonville-Florida/Beware-of-BHA-Bernard-Haldane-Associates-11473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane Associates