Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane Associates

• Submitted: Sat, May 06, 2000
  • Updated: Fri, April 12, 2002

• Reported By:Maryville MO
Bernard Haldane Associates
707 College Blvd Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane Associates I Want Out !!

*Consumer Comment: Don't bother with the BBB

*Consumer Comment: Don't bother with the BBB

*Consumer Comment: Clean record with BBB ..waht a FRAUD TO Consumers!!

Since you have been unavailable to return my phone calls during the last few weeks, this letter will explain the urgency for discussion on the problems I have encountered in marketing my career with your company.

In general, I am dissatisfied with the service provided to date. Namely, I will specifically list the issues in the following:
 My rsum and profile broadcast were developed for the Career Strategy 2000 website in early July. I submitted completed documents to my former advisor, Michel Hess, on the 7th of July. Upon previewing it on the proactive profile, errors and omissions to our mutually accepted rsum document emerged. As of August 19th, this uncorrected document exists.

After numerous phone conversations with Mike, the corrections were not made.

 Upon return from vacation on Aug 3rd 1999, I discovered that, unexpectedly, my career advisor was no longer with your organization and that I now have another individual to start the familiarization process with in my career development. This certainly makes me question the guidance I received during my meetings with the former advisor, especially since recent changes were made by your staff to the original rsum submission on my behalf.

 I understood at the agreement signing that I would be an active part of the process. But, I did not realize that I would receive minimal help and preparation with tailoring my marketing program. If I felt I could achieve results with a primary "home study" atmosphere, then I would not have engaged the services of Haldane Associates.
 Since the start date of June 14th, I have not received a request for an interview for potential employment through your office.

I had genuinely felt from the beginning that the published Haldane career search approach was sound. I have been patient with the incompetence's. Unfortunately, I sense that you are not practicing what you publish. My time is valuable and career clock is "ticking". I cannot afford to waste my efforts any longer.

In conclusion, I am totally disappointed and dissatisfied with your system and am requesting to conclude our business relationship at this time. I obviously feel that I have not been managed properly. As specifically stated in your service agreement, the original fee is not subject to adjustment or proration based on the number of meetings or hours spent with the client.

So that we do not have to carry this issue further, I will return the materials issued to me during the sessions in return for appropriate reimbursement of the $5535.00 rendered to you on my corporate American Express credit card on June 12,1999. Contact me at the earliest so that we can conclude this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-Associates/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/Bernard-Haldane-Associates-I-Want-Out--2207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane Associates

Don't bother with the BBB

AUTHOR: Steven - ()

I would not bother with the BBB. As mentioned the BBB receives fee's from business's so they are not as willing to downgrade the company as you might expect.

Instead, file a complaint with the state Attorney Generals Office. Also ytou may file a consumer fraud complaint or sue the company in court.

Don't bother with the BBB

AUTHOR: Steven - ()

Clean record with BBB ..waht a FRAUD TO Consumers!!

AUTHOR: Lowell - ()

Before I entered into an agreement with Bernard Haldane, I contacted the BBB bureau in the city that the Haldane office occurs. Haldane has no complaints filed and in fact they have a very satisfactory record. This seems somewhat incongruent with the complaints I have been hearing with the Rip Off report. I am sure there are unscrupulous people working in some Haldane office somewhere but does that mean you should brand the whole organization bad by a few bad apples. This is not an employment or recruiting agency and people should not expect they are going to be guaranteed jobs. Their whole purpose is to develop new skills, many of which the vast majority of job hunters don't have. That is why I signed up with them.