Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane Associates

• Submitted: Thu, May 24, 2001
  • Updated: Thu, May 24, 2001

• Reported By:
Bernard Haldane Associates
350 Bay Street, 9th Floor Nationwide U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane - Be Suspicious. ..made claims too good to be true ..Thank goodness for this website!

Yesterday my husband and I had an appointment with Bernard Haldane in an effort to try to jumpstart his career. We were given an hour long pitch in which the representative described their services, stroked my husband's ego and made claims that were JUST on this side of "too good to be true". While never promising "hidden job markets" or the like, he did describe an extensive network that would get my husband in the door of whichever company he wanted. When questioned, it seemed that this network consisted of clients and former clients (weird!) He describe the career advisors and the services they provide, but when I asked who in their company interacts with companies, he had no answer. My biggest fear was that they would make my husband do all the legwork - cold calling and the like - and when I asked who would be actually contacting the companies and finding the interviews, I did not get a satisfactory answer.

Nonetheless, we were pretty much sold until he presented us with the fee and left us to discuss it amongst ourselves. Of course, we were not going to drop $4500 without checking them out further - what are we, crazy? When he came back and we told him we would be talking this over with some people first, that's when he got nasty. He questioned our desire to discuss it with a career advisor I know (WHo does she work for? WHy don't you just go to her then? SHe'll just charge you by the hour") and my father in law ("Well who is he? What the hell would he know about this?") I realized by saying we wanted to talk to others, we had undermined his plan to have all the decisionmakers (me and my husband) there at his salespitch so he could close the deal there and then.

After rudely questioning over and over again our desire to get the advice of others, he finally pushed me too hard and I blurted out "Listen, to be blunt I am going to check up on your company." At that point, he lost all interest and my alarm bells went off. Any salesman who doesn't want you to check out his product should be run away from - very fast! When he realized we weren't biting, he could no longer give us the time of day. He hustled us out of his office, saying someone else was waiting, and he didn't even shake my hand as we left. He knew that as soon as we started asking questions, he would never see us again.

Thank goodness for this website!

One baldfaced lie he did tell regarded the contract. The services are brokenvdown into Phases. Phase I, which encompasses the resume and interview training constitutes 75% of the fee. He told me this was for income taxes purposes so the fee could be written off, but I understand now from reading other reports on this company that it is so they don't have to provide much of a refund because by the time you realize you want one, you have already consumed most of the services.

CLICK HERE, You must read this!! ..Financial Post Article LINK - Haldane not up to the job ..exposing this company for what it really is - a huge scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-Associates/nationwide/Bernard-Haldane-Be-Suspicious-made-claims-too-good-to-be-true-Thank-goodness-for-th-1032796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane Associates