Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane, SD

• Submitted: Sun, March 23, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, March 24, 2003

• Reported By:poway California
Bernard Haldane, SD
8880 Rio San Diego Drive, SD 92108 San Diego, California U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane, SD Fraudulent charges services not provided consumer fraud ripoff San Diego California

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't wait for those guys at BH to give you a refund. ..Most credit card companies give you a 60 to 90 window of opportunity to get your money back.

Fraudulent charges services not provided

I was solicited for services by Bernard Haldane, Associates, san Diego. There was a full court press on the services they could provide. They touted their experience, net access, speed, thoroughness, and attention to the individual. Since I was recently given layoff notification, I was motivated to find a job quickly. Their sales pitch seemed sincere. I spent time with Christine, a VP at the SD facility. I thought about the process and gave a credit card number to charge for the service, ($4725) on 1/10/03. There was a stated period of time to reverse the charges.

Within that period of time, I gave them my written cancellation. NO services were provided. I was again placed in an interview to ENSURE I was making the right decision. I spoke with Hank Johnson. He had my file and was to reverse charges that day.

Time passes.

I received my credit card statement. Low and behold , there was the charge from BH. There had been no reversal. I called the office on 2/24/03, 2/26/03, and 2/28/03. I received the run around from the receptionist, told the issue would be passed to someone in Accounting. I could never be given a name. They either didn't know or there was a confidentiality issue. Out of frustration, I asked for the message to be relayed to Christine. I couldn't remember Hank's name. I received no answers to my call.

I called the first week of March. Pressed the receptionist very hard, expressed my concerns, extreme frustration, and that my next step was to the television station.

Hank returned my call. We had a long conversation. He did have my file, DID have my cancellation. He gave personal excuses for the oversight. Promised to clear the account. I told them the service I received was worse than buying a car. At least in that situation I had a vehicle. In this case I had received NO service and was charged five thousand dollars.

Time passes.

I received my next credit card statement. Low and behold , the charge from BH had NOT been . There had been no reversal.

Bonnie
poway, California

CLICK HERE, You must read this!! ..Financial Post Article LINK - Haldane not up to the job ..exposing this company for what it really is - a huge scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2003 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-SD/San-Diego-California/Bernard-Haldane-SD-Fraudulent-charges-services-not-provided-consumer-fraud-ripoff-San-Di-50273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane, SD

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: TheFraudChick@aol.com - (U.S.A.)

Bonnie,

I used to live in Poway California! I loved it.

Don't wait for those guys at BH to give you a refund. Call your credit card company and request a charge back. BH will run out your fraud clock if you aren't careful. Most credit card companies give you a 60 to 90 window of opportunity to get your money back.

You go girl!