Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane and Associates

• Submitted: Mon, November 05, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2001

• Reported By:
Bernard Haldane and Associates
98 San Jacinto Blvd Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Saved From Bernard Haldane and Associates

*0:

This web-site just saved me 140 mile trip to Austin Texas and a half-day of vacation. I, like everyone else who as delt with Bernard Haldane and Associates, received the initial email, "Our analysis of your resume has qualified you for a free career assessment..."

When I received my initial call from "Darby" (last name withheld) I was immediately suspicous. As a seasoned Project Manger, I insist on walking into any meeting understanding the purpose, length and participants. I asked these questions of Darby and did not receive a straight answer.

Darby continued to give me accolades on my experiences and, I admit, I was sold on making an appointment.

Prior to driving 70 miles to Austin, I decided that I needed to learn more about this company and read about their success. I found none. Nor, could I even find information on their Austin Texas office. I only have the address and phone number because I insisted on it from Darby.

After reading their bleak financials and all the experiences I read on this OUTSTANDING web-site, I decided to cancel. When I called to cancel it was prior to their operating hours. The recording gives Darby (Binder's) extension as "9", however, the voice mail recording was for Pauline Perezwicz (sp). If these folks cannot coordinate their voicemail system and ensure their local office has a presence on the web or the yellow pages I'm even more suspicous.

If this organization truly wants to get people in the front door and provide a valued service to their clients, they need to state the facts up front, establish a truly professional web-site and, at the very least, become listed in the on-line yellow pages!

I do not wish any ill-will against Bernard Haldane and Associates and their clients. Best of luck to all who are looking for the best career!

Sincerely,
Brian Parks

PS, for completely free career services in Texas go to: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is the state government agency charged with overseeing and providing workforce development services to employers and job seekers of Texas. For employers, TWC offers recruiting, retention, training and retraining, and outplacement services as well as valuable information on labor law and labor market statistics. For job seekers, TWC offers career development information, job search resources, training programs, and, as appropriate, unemployment benefits. While targeted populations receive intensive assistance to overcome barriers to employment all Texans can benefit from the services offered by TWC and our network of workforce partners.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane-and-Associates/Austin-Texas-78154/Saved-From-Bernard-Haldane-and-Associates-7521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane and Associates