Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane

• Submitted: Thu, July 31, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 31, 2003

• Reported By:Albany New York
Bernard Haldane
80 State Street Albany, New York U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane ripoff thank you all for this site and for verifying my suspicions Albany New York

I just want to thank you all for this site and for verifying my suspicions.

I've been out of work for a while and after seeing the ad for Haldane, decided to give it a try. The ad gives the impression that it is an executive placement firm; a headhunter.

Just as other people have described, the offices are extremely plush and top notch. The person who interviewed me was one of the "vice presidents." He had on an expensive suit and a custom made shirt with his initials embroidered on the cuffs. Sharp!

The "interview" lasted about an hour. It was a free floating discussion of how great my credentials were and how the only thing I needed was to get "greatness" out there and known to potential employers... yada, yada, yada.

About halfway through he mentioned that they are not a placement agency. At this point, I knew that I had blown an hour out of my job searching day. I pretended to go along with the program and didn't even ask how much it was going to cost (because, I knew I was not going to pay one red penny.) Plus, as in any hard sell situation, the longer it takes them to get to "how much", the more it's gonna cost.

At the end, he told me that they could definitely do something for me and that he would talk it over with his "associates." In the meantime, he set up my second visit which is supposed to get down to brass tacks. Oh, and I'm supposed to email him with the answer to some questions in the meantime like: what's my dream job?, what motivates me?, what does success mean to me?

You guys are telling me this "service" costs 6000 bucks?! For 10 bucks I can buy 'What color is your parachute.'

Needless to say, there will be no email and I will be cancelling that second interview.

Thank you all for sharing and letting me know that my tingling spider senses were correct.

Tina
Troy, New York

CLICK HERE, You must read this!! ..Financial Post Article LINK - Haldane not up to the job ..exposing this company for what it really is - a huge scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2003 09:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane/Albany-New-York/Bernard-Haldane-ripoff-thank-you-all-for-this-site-and-for-verifying-my-suspicions-Albany-65076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane