Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane

• Submitted: Thu, August 23, 2001
  • Updated: Thu, August 23, 2001

• Reported By:
Bernard Haldane
2101 Wilson Blvd, Ste 950 Arlington, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 703-516-9122
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Bernard Haldane Scam in VA

Several weeks ago I submitted my resume to Bernard Haldane. The woman I spoke to, Jennifer Kay, was extremely uninterested and gave me the "don't call us, we'll call you" line. A week later (a Tuesday) she called to schedule an interview for Thursday (2 days later). I asked to schedule it for the following Tuesday, as that is the day I have arranged with my current position for staying home to do a job search. She said that she couldn't schedule an interview so far out (a week!), and that I should call later in the week to reschedule.

Against my better judgement, I persisted and secured an interview in the Rosslyn, VA office. While in the waiting room several BH employees came through and repeatedly referred to me as "young lady" and "miss" (I'm 32), worrying me about the competitiveness of a company with such outdated employees.

I felt the paperwork was a little odd: questions about how much liquid finances I had at my disposal; how long I could survive if laid off today; etc. I hesitated over these questions, and left them blank.

Not long into the "interview" the subject of a fee came up: $4,900 to be exact. I knew I'd been brought in under false circumstances, but decided to play the game. I asked if they would guarantee me a salary.....no, they would only guarantee job satisfaction. Aha. Then I asked for names and numbers of current clients so I could speak to them about their experience with Bernard Haldane. No - they couldn't provide that either. I told him I would get back to him, and left.

As I left I looked around the office: the coaching rooms were empty, as was the waiting room, definite signs of an unhealthy employment agency. I was disappointed that I had wasted my time there. I hope other people read this Rip Off Report before going in there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane/Arlington-Virginia-22201/Bernard-Haldane-Scam-in-VA-6307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane