Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane

• Submitted: Tue, December 10, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, December 10, 2002

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Bernard Haldane
277 Dartmouth, Boston, MA Boston, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane Associates near miss ripoff Boston Massachusetts *Thank you Rip-off Report

Thanks, Clark Howard .....

My story will sound familiar. Nice office, lots of VP's, etc.

My VP was very complimentary and very encouraging. I left after the first meeting with a hastily scheduled second meeting the next day. I had already figured out that it was a fee-based service, but it still sounded like there was a *service* somewhere.

The next day, there did not seem to have been any preparation. We beat around the bush quite a bit ... a beating that continued to stroke my ego ... and finally got around to the truly astounding fee proposal. I tried to follow up on the earlier comments that indicated a contingency basis of some kind, but that turned out to be a 25% 'risk factor' and then 50% of the new total up front.

I asked about references, but "We don't do that. We respect our clients' privacy." I asked for suggestions on how to verify their credentials, and (surprisingly) they did NOT mention this site. :-) I still left feeling positive about the "service", but vaguely aware of nagging doubts.

Next morning I'm lying in bed listening to Clark Howard talk radio on my alarm clock, and someone calls in describing the same pitch I heard. As I began to recognize how little actual content had been included in my conversations, I began to identify the source of my nagging doubts. Then Clark interrupted the caller and said something like "You're talking about Bernard haldane, aren't you?" Suddenly I was wide awake.

Thanks to him (and Google), I found this site and kept my wallet closed. Thank you Clark and thank you Rip-off Report!

W.B.D.
Boston, Massachusetts

CLICK HERE, You must read this!! ..Financial Post Article LINK - Haldane not up to the job ..exposing this company for what it really is - a huge scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2002 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane/Boston-Massachusetts/Bernard-Haldane-Associates-near-miss-ripoff-Boston-Massachusetts-Thank-you-Rip-off-Report-37826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane