Complaint Review: Bernard Haldane

• Submitted: Wed, March 31, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, March 31, 2004

• Reported By:Palos Hills Illinois
Bernard Haldane
http://chicago.il.bernardhaldane.com/ Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Bernard Haldane Almost ripped-off by Gordon From the Rosemont-Chicago office Chicago Illinois

I began my job search around June/July of 2003 by posting my updated resume on several job sites. Within an hour I had an email from a company called Bernard Haldane telling me how I was the person they were looking for. I called the number in the email and the person on the other end wouldn't get very specific on if they were a Headhunter or if they were the target company looking for employees. She said they do "both" hire and place. Whatever that meant. I showed up at their office and met some guy named Gordon who was a very confident salesman. I found it a bit odd that he started out by inquiring about my credit status and how much credit I had available.

I rationalized it to be a company wanting to make sure that the people they took on were financially stable. After being all the same promises that you can read about in the other posts on this site he briefly mentioned a "fee". Of course this was a huge red flag to me as I have been placed by headhunters inthe past and none ever charged the job-seeker the fee. That is always paid by the company doing the hiring.

So I pressed him on the details of the "fee" to the point of making him uncomfortable. Finally I coerced a ballpark figure of $1500-2000 out of him. He was insistent that I commit for a 2nd "appointment". I promised I'd call back and never did. I avoided his follow-up phone calls and never responded back.

Palos Hills, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2004 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernard-Haldane/Chicago-Illinois/Bernard-Haldane-Almost-ripped-off-by-Gordon-From-the-Rosemont-Chicago-office-Chicago-Illin-86062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernard Haldane