Complaint Review: Bernie & Phyl's Furniture

• Updated: Tue, January 11, 2011

• Reported By: Richard — Kittery Point Maine United States of America
Bernie & Phyl's Furniture
901 Broadway(RTE 1) Saugus, Massachusetts United States of America

Bernie & Phyl's Furniture Sold me a supposedly top of the line Sealy mattrees for $ 1600, which is actually a cheap, inferior mattress Saugus, Massachusetts

*UPDATE Employee: Richard - We'd like to make things right

I purchased a Sealy Cayman Mist mattress & box spring on April 10, 2009 for $ 1,600. at Bernie & Phyl's. After two months, the mattress immediately began to sag badly. This was supposed to be Sealy's best mattress, according to the store. I called the store and advised of the problem. They sent a representative who tested the mattress and stated that the mattress did not sag the required one & one half inches to replace it. I complained that this did not make sense since the mattress deeply sagged when my wife and I laid on it. After using the mattress for a number of months I called and complained again. The store sent another representative who stated the same thing as before.

I am deeply upset as this mattress is clearly not a best quality mattress commensurate with the price I paid for it. We still have our original Simmons mattress, which we use in the guest room. Although it is 20 years old, it is just as firm as the day we bought it.

This is the first time we have shopped at Bernie & Phyl's and will certainly be the last. I have never felt so "ripped off" with any purchase as this. This company spends thousands of dollars on their hypocritical advertising. "Buyer beware!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2011 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bernie-Phyls-Furniture/Saugus-Massachusetts-01906/Bernie-Phyls-Furniture-Sold-me-a-supposedly-top-of-the-line-Sealy-mattrees-for-1600-680959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bernie & Phyl's Furniture

Richard - We'd like to make things right

AUTHOR: Customer Support - (USA)

Hi Richard,

I saw your issue and contacted our support department immediately. We have looked into your records and want to make things right.

Even though your Mattress does not meet the criteria stated in the manufacturers warranty to qualify as defective, we still want to accommodate you and offer you an exchange or a refund.

You should be hearing from someone in our support team soon.

Sincerely,