Complaint Review: Best Bank

• Updated: Mon, November 28, 2011

• Reported By: Duped — Southgate Michigan United States of America
Best Bank
13333 Eureka Rd Southgate, Michigan United States of America

Best Bank branch manager Jay the manager lied about getting $100 for opening an account Southgate, Michigan

the branch manager convinced me (in a big show of his expertise in front of his employees) to open a checking account, by telling us things that were not true. My husband and I kept saying no (we were in a hurry to get to an event we had tickets for) but he said I would get $100 if I opened a second account. My husband had been in line getting some account info on our joint account. Everything was being discussed openly in front of the other 3 employees, as if he was showing them how to do it, and he had them assist him. He clearly said it didn't matter that I was on joint account, I just needed to open a second account, put $25 in it, and before Dec 31st I needed to do 2 things (6 really). I would have to pay 3 bills out of the account and I would get $50, and use the account (or card) for 3 times (purchases) to get the second $50. A few days later when I had time I went back and learned the truth. What he told us was not true. Most deals are for new customers only and involved direct deposit transactions of which I have none as I am retired with no income. The girl (Angel) said she was sorry he must have made a mistake, but there was a deal to pay 3 bills by Nov 30th for $50 that I could qualify for. Really, and today is like Nov 27th? How many other lies has he told people? and his employees are helping/assisting in the lies. I wrote to the corporate customer service (Best Bank website) and they sent me an email explaining their terms and conditions for offers and were sorry for my misunderstanding. Hello... what about blatant employee dishonesty? Guess they don't deal with that. Oh, that's right... it's a bank. No need for upright honest behavior there??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2011 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Bank/Southgate-Michigan-48195/Best-Bank-branch-manager-Jay-the-manager-lied-about-getting-100-for-opening-an-account-S-802404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Bank