Complaint Review: Best Brand Values

• Submitted: Tue, March 13, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 16, 2012

• Reported By: Catherine — berkeley heights New Jersey United States of America
Best Brand Values

Best Brand Values Hot Book Sale Beware! Scam artists at work! The membership you didn't know you had Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: BestBrandValues.com membership

Two years ago I bought one Hot book at what I thought was a good price, something in the area of $10. Today I find that, to date, I  have paid unbeknownst to me $9.95 for the past 24 months. So in effect that one book cost me $238.80!!

I am told by one of the poor souls who answers BBV's phone that to get the discount price I must have checked a box which also gave me a trial membership.  I had no idea that they would begin billing my credit card and keep it going year after year!!!!!!!!!!

BBV is a predator, counting on its ability to slip in unsolicited membership fees to the unsuspecting customer's monthly billing statements.

The company via the phone operator offers to rectify the matter by refunding 3 months' of the fees ($29.85). Hardly adequate and who can count on anything they say! The con artists behind this must know how to work the legal loopholes.

I'm furious at being suckered. What can I--we--do???!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2012 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Brand-Values/internet/Best-Brand-Values-Hot-Book-Sale-Beware-Scam-artists-at-work-The-membership-you-didnt-k-853235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Brand Values

BestBrandValues.com membership

AUTHOR: BBV Support Team - (United States of America)

Hello, I'm Jack from the HotBookSale Support team.

We take all comments about our products and services very seriously.

Please note that our membership program is optional and there is no obligation to join in order to purchase any of the products we offer. Also, there is no automatic sign up during your shopping experience with us. In order to become a member, you must first agree to the terms and conditions of our offer, which are clearly shown to you before you make a purchase.

Additionally, having a membership entitles you to exclusive money-saving benefits such as Free Shipping on your first order, $5 off the first in-stock item you order as a new member, up to 30% off regular product prices each time you shop, extra discounts every month and much more. Plus, you have access to DVDs, books, music, video games, posters, vitamins and more, all at deeply discounted prices. Also, you are free to cancel your membership at anytime, at no cost to you.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to offer products and services that our customers value. We ask that you contact our Support Team either by telephone or by submitting a support ticket so that we can help resolve any issue you may have with our products or services.

To contact us, please visit http://www.HotBookSale.com/support/

We also invite you to see what other customers are saying about our services, please visit our Testimonials page at: http://www.HotBookSale.com/store/testimonials.aspx

Sincerely,