Complaint Review: Best Buy Central Avenue in Yonkers NY

• Updated: Mon, December 21, 2009

• Reported By: BestBuy Yonkers Theives Stolen Laptops — yonkers New York USA
Best Buy Central Avenue in Yonkers NY
Central Ave Yonkers, New York United States of America

Best Buy Central Avenue in Yonkers NY theft of Computer, resale of unfixable computers, selling off site by sales people. Yonkers, New York

My computer was dropped off for repair admittedly three to four months ago, I was told it would be backed up and sent off for repair, a week later I was told 800.00 could fix it, then I asked for my back-up, I was told it was un-do-able. In the mean time I had been speaking at my job to a co-worker who gave me the name of her friend, who had mentioned that he could "get any kind of computer for a low-low price from the repair department" I went to pick it up and my card was declined, only 35.00, I called my sister to use her card for payment over the phone they said no, I was in constant contact with members of GeekSquad to let them know when I got back from Europe I would pick it up. I went to get it and I was told it was sent off to a third party to be destroyed, no files, no information as to the third party, they actually said they had "no-idea" of the name of the company that does the lap-top disposal, my computer had be "sent off" two days before, if they had given me the info I could have gotten it back, I am a song writer and a model. All my life is gone . They re-sold my computer and Goodness knows what they did with my photos and private materials.
I had been speaking with corporate and they wanted to give me a new laptop but they wanted to do a conference call with the store manager  first, they NEVER, EVER picked up the line. They are theives. and Scum

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2009 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-Central-Avenue-in-Yonkers-NY/Yonkers-New-York-10710/Best-Buy-Central-Avenue-in-Yonkers-NY-theft-of-Computer-resale-of-unfixable-computers-s-542968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy Central Avenue in Yonkers NY