Complaint Review: Best Buy Credit Services - Capitol One - Resurgent

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: tpcapp — Hemlock Michigan United States of America
Best Buy Credit Services - Capitol One - Resurgent

Best Buy Credit Services - Capitol One - Resurgent Credit Card Problems, Internet

I attempted to apply for a loan today (1/17/2013) at my credit union, but was turned down because of a delinquent credit card bill from Best Buy - A credit card that I had paid off in full in May of 2010.  I made the final payment, destroyed the card and NEVER received another statement, bill, or notification of any kind telling me that I owed another cent.  The account was turned over to a collection agency and then showed up on my credit report.  After 3 hours worth of phone calls to 3 different credit card companies/collection agencies I know absolutely no more than I did this afternoon.

All I can do is dispute the charges, in writing, with proof that I paid the bill.  Not one of these companies (Best Buy, Capitol One, Resurgent Financial) can give me any information or access any statements to let me know exactly what these charges are.  After I file the dispute it will take up to 30 days to research the account, so needless to say my loan application will be useless and the purchase I was planning on making will fall through.  Has anyone had any similar issues?  Any advice to get this cleared up quickly (other than just paying the $950)?  I need this off of my credit report ASAP.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-Credit-Services-Capitol-One-Resurgent/internet/Best-Buy-Credit-Services-Capitol-One-Resurgent-Credit-Card-Problems-Internet-999135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy Credit Services - Capitol One - Resurgent