allowances

Complaint Review: Best Buy Direct, BestBuy.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 27, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, September 27, 2010

• Reported By: Arundel — Washington Washington DC Virgin Islands (US)
Best Buy Direct, BestBuy.com

Best Buy Direct, BestBuy.com 4 months of promises and no refund. I've been ripped off by a Fortune 500. Internet

I purchased a $1200 washer dryer from BestBuy.com 4 months ago. The delivery arrived over a month late after several attempts to contact the company, who had no idea where it was.

When they finally delivered it, unfortunately it had to be returned because it did not fit up our staircase. Four months later, they acknowledge the item was returned but cannot figure out why I haven't been refunded. They blame everyone including the 3rd party manufacturer who delivered it, and their "separate" division called Best Buy Direct, who is supposed to handle the refunds.

I have contacted them numerous times and they keep saying it is a high priority and they will follow up, but never do. I finally filed a dispute with my credit card company. They managed to convince my credit card company that they would refund me, so the credit card company sent me a letter saying a refund was promised and that they no longer considered the transaction in dispute. Unbelievable - it is outright highway robbery by a Fortune 500 company!!

I am ready to file suit. I have never done this. Any advice?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2010 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-Direct-BestBuycom/internet/Best-Buy-Direct-BestBuycom-4-months-of-promises-and-no-refund-Ive-been-ripped-off-by-a-645077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy Direct, BestBuy.com