Complaint Review: Best Buy, GE Capital Cons Cardco

• Updated: Fri, March 07, 2003

• Reported By:Snyder Colorado
Best Buy, GE Capital Cons Cardco
Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Best Buy, GE Capital Cons Cardco Rip-off Fail to credit pay off payment charging late fees Louisville Kentucky

On 12/23/01 I purchased a scanner at Best Buy on a deferred payment plan. I had to pay this off by 3/26/02. On my Feb. statemnt it shows a deferred balance due of $203.41. The payment due date stated is 2/26/02. I mailed them a payment of $203.41 on Feb. 14,2002 to pay this account completely off. They did not credit my account for this payment until 2/28/02 2 days after the due date.

They have been charging me a late fees of $29.00 every month since. They now say I owe them 310.00 and have sold my account to a collection agency, because I have disputed this all along. I have called, talked to people who have called me, the day after Xmas 02 I received 13 phone calls from them, I have written 4 times and faxed copies of one letter, the last letter I sent them I said Take Me Court Let a Judge decide! That's when they sold my account.

When I get done writing this I'm filing a report FTC and sending information about Best Buy to the Denver ch.9 news troubleshooter.

I have written to the credit reporting agencies and told them to list this a disputed account. Plus I'm writing to the CEO Bradury H. Anderson. also I have turned this into Consumer Affairs but think FTC will be better and also the local news, worn other people not to apply for a Best Buy Credit Card or they will be as sorry as I am.

Snyder, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2003 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-GE-Capital-Cons-Cardco/Louisville-Kentucky-40290-1557/Best-Buy-GE-Capital-Cons-Cardco-Rip-off-Fail-to-credit-pay-off-payment-charging-late-fees-48315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy, GE Capital Cons Cardco