Complaint Review: Best Buy Geek Squad

Best Buy Geek Squad
harriman, New York United States of America

Best Buy Geek Squad Lost my hard drive files harriman, New York

*Consumer Comment: Back up your files

On July 24, 2011 I brought my Best Buy purchased Compaq Desktop because of hard drive problems to the Geek Squad. I was told that the hard drive was bad and that I needed a new one. I requested that all my files be saved. I left the computer for one day while Geek Squad copied my files. When I arrived to pick up my data I was told that they could get me a new hard drive because the computer was still under warranty. I agreed. Three months later my new hard drive came in and I asked to have my files transferred to the new drive. Unfortunately the person who had attended me was not there and the files were "LOST". I was told that there would be no charge and that they were sorry, but there was nothing they could do for me. I was really upset because of the files & programs that I had. Taking the company to court would cost me more than it was worth and I asked HQ for a remedy. No one listened to me except for a superisor at Customer Service, Aaron Gauss. He was able to obtained for me an "I'm sorry" & a $100 Best Buy gift card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2011 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad/harriman-New-York-/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Lost-my-hard-drive-files-harriman-New-York-813945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy Geek Squad

Back up your files

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

I'm sorry you lost your files, but this is a classic example of why periodic file back ups are important.  Depending on what happened to your hard drive, the files may not have been retrieveable.  This is why I subscribe to one of the online back up services, files are backed up automatically everytime I update a file.  Take it from this computer tech (no, I don't work for Best Buy), if you have important info on your computer, back it up.