Complaint Review: Best Buy HSBC

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: best buy sucks — folsom United States of America
Best Buy HSBC
PO Box 9312 Internet United States of America

Best Buy HSBC Best Buy HBSC credit services are a threat to your credit score. Buyer beware.Not worth the risk. Internet

*General Comment: Understand your frustration but...

Last month while applying for a loan at my credit union i was informed that my credit score had taken a hit and had dropped from the 700s into the 600s. When i looked at my credit report i discovered that the Best Buy HSBC account that i had for a couple of years and recently paid off in full, Had placed a 30 day late for May of 2012 on my credit report, In that month we didn't receive a bill from Best Buy/HSBC so my wife sent off what she thought the payment was, However was about $15 short. When i received the bill for the next billing cycle i paid the bill in full including past due portion along with the late fee that was assessed.

When i contacted Best Buy customer service and HSBC they stated that they were not responsible for weather the bill reaches me or not and that my partial payment in May is the same as not making a payment and even though the account was brought up to date in the next billing cycle including the late fee that was assessed they are leaving the 30 day late mark on my credit report. At this point i closed the account and i am going through the hassle of filing a dispute with the credit agencies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-HSBC/internet/Best-Buy-HSBC-Best-Buy-HBSC-credit-services-are-a-threat-to-your-credit-score-Buyer-bewa-993352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy HSBC

#1 General Comment

Understand your frustration but...

AUTHOR: lwk8248 - (United States of America)

"Had placed a 30 day late for May of 2012 on my credit report, In that month we didn't receive a bill from Best Buy/HSBC"
It doesn't matter.  There are other ways to find out what payment is owed (call and use automated system, online pay,etc).

"so my wife sent off what she thought the payment was, However was about $15 short."

You didn't make the full minimum payment.

"When i received the bill for the next billing cycle i paid the bill in full including past due portion along with the late fee that was assessed.  When i contacted Best Buy customer service and HSBC they stated that they were not responsible for weather the bill reaches me or not and that my partial payment in May is the same as not making a payment and even though the account was brought up to date in the next billing cycle"

You made a partial payment.  Late payment/missed payment/partial payment are all the same with credit.  They are NOT responsible for the paper bill reaching you.  You know what your bills are, and it is your responsibility to make sure you know the status.  Making a payment in the following month (even in full) doesn't cancel out a late payment in a previous bill cycle.

"At this point i closed the account and i am going through the hassle of filing a dispute with the credit agencies.  Due to their inflexibility and bad customer service having an account with Best Buy/HSBC is not worth potential liability they pose to your credit score."

Why?  You made a partial payment, were considered late, and HSBC reported the account as such. What are you disputing?  I'm actually really surprised that one late payment resulted in a ding on your credit score...I have 2 HSBC accounts, and this has never happened to me (I'm not late very often, but every once in awhile it happens to us all) if I paid late (less than 30 days late).  Are you sure you weren't more past due than that?  I also don't think it's fair to include Best Buy in your complaint.  They are ONLY the company that sold you the merchandise.  Yes, the credit card can be used in the store (as it is a Best Buy credit card), but they have NO control over how the actual credit card company handles your account.

Please don't consider my response to be rude, as that is not my intention.  But I find that truth works best.

classic