Complaint Review: Best Buy, Richfield, MN

• Updated: Sun, April 13, 2014

• Reported By: guardiana — 95134 California
Best Buy, Richfield, MN
Nationwide USA

Best Buy, Richfield, MN Headquarters Utter incompetence, false info, no accountability, extortion Richfield MN

*Consumer Comment: I don't see the way out

*Author of original report: Thanks again!

*Consumer Comment: I think I see...

*Author of original report: Thank you!

*Author of original report: I didn't want to write a 10 page saga

*Consumer Comment: I think

*Consumer Comment: How did they force you?

This is the headquarters of the company, which is unknown to their customer service team... or so they say. They do not know who is their CEO is either, neither are they familiar with their own policies, nor are they willing to stand behind what they promised, or compensate for inconvenience or wrong doing... By far, this is the worst chain of stores with unbelievably bad customers service. I guess they are really looking to run this company into the ground.

They forced me to buy a gift card to complete an epic 2 day long transaction, promising that I can get a refund if it doesn't work out (it was suppose to be a gift to my brother) then they said I was too late to ask for a refund and I need to call corporate who said they do not refund gift cards. I talked to 21 people about it, including 2 store managers and every person gave me wrong info or was an utter customer service failure. If they force you to buy a gift card, say you can get a refund and then don't refund it then it's a blatant extortion and nobody should get away with it!

Do yourself a favor, shop somewhere where they know what they are doing and appreciate their customers, not abuse them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2014 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-Richfield-MN/nationwide/Best-Buy-Richfield-MN-Headquarters-Utter-incompetence-false-info-no-accountability-1138590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy, Richfield, MN

I don't see the way out

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I am sorry to say that you may not see your money as cash again because of the time window. Also, a gift card cannot be redeemed as cash (gift card ToS). The only good thing is that it has no expiration date (and hope that they keep it this way).

Any salesman/saleswoman from any store could easily lie to you. I guess this is a hard lesson for you to not believe in advertising (both from people or any other media); especially when it comes out from a store's sale person! You may have to keep the card and use it for something else. You may try to talk to the corporation again but may not keep your hope high because it is unlikely that they will make an exception for you. Yes, it is a rip off from the sale person whom you had contacted with, but store policy is what it is. They are two different entities in this case.

Again, sorry for your loss of time dealing with this kind of people. I hope you take this as a hard lesson and thanks for spreading the word.

Thanks again!

AUTHOR: guardiana - ()

He decided on a bigger screen phone because he didn't have a computer and ended up purchasing it somewhere else because they did not have the model he wanted unlocked.

My point is that they told me I can get my money back, not the gift card, then I went to the store with a gift card they told me I passed the window when they could do it in a store and now I have to contact the corporate for them to override it and corporate told me they do not refund at all per "policy" when one of the people I spoke to said they give 3 months. You think I sound nuts, try to endure spending hours and running in circles when they say "yes, we can" and hours later "no we can't" without any consideration provided for inconvinience they caused me and my brother because they do not know their own policies and give customers wrong info. Needless to say I have no intention stepping into that store ever again.

I think I see...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Just an initial observation to help you out.  You don't need to write a 10 page essay.  In fact if you look at your original post and your update, you will find them about the same length.  The difference is that the first post makes you look like a nut, the second post gives us 10 times the information and is at least readable.  Enought to perhaps even assist you in thinking about a few things.

So now it seems to boil down to you wanting to buy your brother a Cell Phone.  Okay...but sorry to say there still seems to be a bit of information missing.

I did take a look at the terms of the Electronic Gift Cards(and regular ones as well) and I could find no where any restriction about buying a Cell Phone with it.  In fact except for the inconvienence of having to spend additional time it appears that he was able to finally buy the Cell Phone.  However, he then decided to return it.  Now, again in looking at their terms, it appears that for an E-Gift card they can be returned only up to the point of them being issued.  So if you say wanted it delievered on 30th, you could actually request a refund up until the 29th.  But once it is issued there are no refunds and any refunds from purchases will be issued back to a Gift Card...just like EVERY other retailer does.  Whether or not this was a mis-communication on their part, your part or a combination of both is unfortunatly something no one here will be able to tell you objectivly.  And yes your "unobjective" view will be that it is 100% their fault...I get that.

The question is why if after all of this trouble for your brother did he end up returning the Cell Phone?  Why isn't he going to get a new one?  If it is a case of he just can't get service in his name, then that is not on Best Buy that is on your Brother.  Perhaps you can get a phone in your name and send it to him?

No I do not work for Best Buy or any retailer.

Thank you!

AUTHOR: guardiana - ()

I appreciate the suggestions! I added more details in the reply to the other person who posted a question. Does this work, or is there a better way? Should I delete it and re-write it with more details?

Best regards!

I didn't want to write a 10 page saga

AUTHOR: guardiana - ()

There are idiotic rules in regards to purchasing cell phones that the buyer cannot pay with a credit card for someone else. Best Buy said they coud do it. I placed an order over the phone for the item to be picked up in a different state, except when the order finally came through my brother was told the same thing that I have to be there to pick it up. When I asked for store manager she told me that there is nothing she can do about this policy, but if I go to my local store it can be accopmplished. Since the store in NY was closing I had to go the next day to local store in CA.

After spending there another 2 hours I was told no, it cannot be done, but I can buy an electronic gift card, which can be refunded if it doesn't work out. I bought it because they told me there was no other way and I can have my money back, now they say I cannot. Then the funds did not get put on the card, so I had to ga back to the store and my brother got the phone on the third day of waiting at Best Buy. He ended up returning it, but now I cannot get the money back from the gift card per their policy.

Does this clear it up for you?

I think

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You should give us (readers) more detail in your story/report. What I am guessing (yes guessing) from your report is that you bought something from BestBuy and returned it for some reasons (*hint hint). Then they did not refund the money to you in the original payment form due to some reasons (*hint hint) but rather gave you the store gift card which you said as "force buying" (and that is a wrong explantion). However, you still want your refund in cash (or credit back to your card) but they said you have already been refunded by the gift card, so no other refund.

Your report said that you were told (hearsay) to take the gift card first, and then you would get a refund afterward. It does NOT make sense for both them and a customer! A gift card is a form of CASH but the different is that you cannot use it anywhere else but with them!

The moral of the story is that you need to read their return policy. Then you should come back and write the report again. Currently, your report is simply a ranting which has no water much.

How did they force you?

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Did they hold you hostage? Did they hold a gun to your head?? What is the reason they "forced" you to do this?? This report is lacking in every aspect.