Complaint Review: Best Buy Store 159 White Marsh Maryland

• Updated: Wed, April 18, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
Best Buy Store 159 White Marsh Maryland
5200 Campbell Boulevard Nottingham, Maryland United States of America

Best Buy Store 159 White Marsh Maryland Black Tie or Black Eye? Nottingham, Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: 3rd Party

Hello World!
Well, I was dumb enough to trust Best Buy and the Black Tie Program. You see, when I got my HTC EVO 4G I was excited. The salesman at BBY said I should sign up for the "Black Tie Program" so I did. I made over a years worth of $10 payments and finally had to use it when I dropped my phone. I took it to BBY and they made me pay a $50 deposit for a substandard loaner while I waited for my new "Refurbished" HTC EVO to arrive.

Well, the phone arrives and I switch all the data and applications. I get everything just right and find my Camera will not work. Well, I'm a little pissed so I take this "Refurbished" phone back to BBY. Now, since I'm pissed I ask for a manager and tell her I don't want to keep doing this. It costs me time and money every time I come to switch this phone. Well, the only thing they do is COMP my $50 deposit for the loaner phone. Big deal, I get that back anyway. [continued below]....
..... Now, since I've gone though all this before I ask them to make sure my phone is in 100% working order before I get it. They say it's int he notes.

I get phone number two and no sooner do I get it home that I find the Touch Screen Sensors are showing. When I open a program I can see the LED sensors at the bottom of the screen. On average I restart this phone at least 6 times a day because IT HANGS.

So my 2nd Refurbished phone is ALSO DEFECTIVE. Well, I call the "Consumer Affairs" people and get through to some guy named Sean. He tells me how sorry he is about my problems and offers to contact the store to get the phone switched. He tells me someone will be in touch on the next business day. Well, the next day comes and goes so I decide to call him. I go though all the prompts, get a real human, and when I ask for Sean they put me on hold (as they are telling Sean I am on the phone) then I am transferred to His Voice Mail. Well at this point I know what is happening "THE OLD BRUSH OFF". Well, I tell myself "I just need to wait a day or two. Well a week goes by and Sean has not called, in fact NO ONE HAS CALLED.

The next day I am extremely pissed and I call BBY again. I go through the process and end up at Sean's Voice mail ....BRUSHED OFF ...AGAIN!

Well, the next time I call, I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO SEAN. He finally answers and tells me I WILL NOT GET A REPLACEMENT, "contrary to his earlier statement". He tells me I MUST GO THROUGH THE PROCESS AGAIN. He tell me the DISTRICT MANAGER FOR STORE 159 said I must go this all again. Well, I say this......

I will not continue to be abused by Best Buy. They gave me a bad replacement phone NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE and they expect me to do this until I eventually GET LUCKY AND END UP WITH A PHONE THAT WORKS?

Not a chance!

Are you also have problems with Best Buy? fight back here!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2012 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-Store-159-White-Marsh-Maryland/-Nottingham-Maryland-21236/Best-Buy-Store-159-White-Marsh-Maryland-Black-Tie-or-Black-Eye-Nottingham-Maryland-869469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy Store 159 White Marsh Maryland

#1 Consumer Suggestion

3rd Party

AUTHOR: IntheKnow - (USA)

While you can buy your phone anywhere, the carrier's retail stores are the most accomodating, even without any type of extended plan.  That said, NEW Customer Service is the administrator for these plans and they are the ones taking your phone calls.  The stores are out of the loop.  Refurbs come from a service center.  Phone calls are not assigned by rep, by whoever picks it up.  So there is no personalization, as is the intent.  Your best bet here, still stuck with a defective phone, is outside pressure.  File complaints with both the local BBB and the Maryland Office of Attorney General/Division of Consumer Affairs.  This is the only way to get BBY to respond with a reasonable solution.