Complaint Review: Best Buy and or The Microsft Network

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, May 23, 2001

• Reported By:Waco TX
Best Buy and or The Microsft Network
Best Buy 5701 W. Waco Drive Waco, Texas U.S.A.

Best Buy ..The Microsoft Network Contract w/ MSN defective computer cancel contract ripoff

On 01/27/01 I bought a computer from Best Buy with a $400.00 off if you sign up for MSN. The E-machine was defective, took it back and got another worthless one.

I was told by Best Buy that they would have to cancel the contract with MSN because MSN would charge me 70% and to cancel would take 1 or 2 billing cycles. It has been 4. I have called and called and each time was told that they would take care of it.

The last person I talked to on the telephone at Best Buy was "Vincent". I got another bill and went in person and spoke to" Becca" she informed me that I would have to call MSN. MSN said to call Best Buy, etc.

Today I called Discover and was told that this has happened several times and MSN will not honor Best Buys Policies. The Best Buy store has it posted all over that you can bring any computer back within 14 days for a full refund. I was within that time frame. Can you help me please?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy-and-or-The-Microsft-Network/Waco-Texas-76710/Best-Buy-The-Microsoft-Network-Contract-w-MSN-defective-computer-cancel-contract-ripof-5235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy and or The Microsft Network