Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Submitted: Sat, July 19, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 19, 2008

• Reported By:atlanta Georgia
Best Buy
Smyrna Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Best Buy Cheated by best buy store person Atlanta Georgia

I am disappointed and very unhappy with the way the Best Buy store person - i should say 'cheated' me into buying a dell laptop of 6 cell lithium ion batteries when all the while i kept asking for a 9 cell lithium ion.
I have come in new here to the US and to Atlanta and had visited the store with the help of a colleague since i do not have a car yet.

I had made the purchase in a hurry for my wife and it was unfortunate that i could not check the specs on the box immediately after the purchase. When i called in best buy to report about the same - i some how found them to be totally callous and dis-regarding of a customer issue - inspite of me telling them that it was not easy for me to drop in to the store .

Not just that when i spoke to the general manager - he seemed like some one who did not want to believe me ... When i ask over the fone of how he can compensate me - he tells me that i would have to pay a 15 % re-stocking fee if i wanted to return the product , and anythign else cvould be done or discussed only if i visit the store -

Are we saying the issues can be resolved only if i visit the store ???? even if this has tro cdome at such an inconvenience... - SO far as i am concerned - not ONLY should i be compensated for the cheationg done - i should get a laptop with the 9 ce ll lithium ion - which i was told by the store person ....I asked him atleast 5-7 times on that ...

It is unfortunate that these people find such new customers like me to fool around and to create more sales....

Best Buy really is 3rd rate - and i feel like they should be sued for the same.

atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2008 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Atlanta-Georgia/Best-Buy-Cheated-by-best-buy-store-person-Atlanta-Georgia-353205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy