Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Reported By: Juan — Sacramento California United States of America
Best Buy
6110 Birdcage Centre Lane Citrus Heights, California United States of America

Best Buy Geek Squad Useless tech support Citrus Heights, California

I purchased geek squad black tie support for my Android tablet at a BestBuy store in early August. In November, when trying to download anything to said tablet, I receive a download unsuccessful there is not enough space message. The tablet shows I have 20.57 GB available space on the device. I should not be receiving said error message. The manufacturer told me over the phone to reformat the device.

This is not an option as this would delete all downloads. I took said tablet last week to the aforementioned store for tech support, after 2 different techs looked at the device, I was told there was nothing they could do for me in store and that I needed to call 1-800-Geek-Squad. Today on December 23, I called 1-800-Geek-Squad for support.

After 15 minutes of an agent trying to look up my purchase record to see if I had indeed purchased said support, I was told by both the agent and a supervisor that they could not remotely tap in to said device and they could not walk me through unlocking the memory on my device and that this was a "software" issue that had to be resolved in store. [continued below]....
..... As I explained to them before, their in store tech support referred me to their phone support and now they are referring me back to the store which was unable to assist me in the first place.

BestBuy claims online: " We can provide you with access to our army of 17,000 Geeks." I can't even get 4 to help me resolve the issues I am having with a product and service I purchased from them. A formal complaint has been filed with the 1-800-Geek-Squad supervisor, the supervisor assured me I would receive an email of said complaint and phone call within 24 hours. I will report more as the details unfold.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2011 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Citrus-Heights-California-95621/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Useless-tech-support-Citrus-Heights-California-813298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy