Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Reported By: Leah — Marietta Georgia
Best Buy
1201 Hammond Drive Dunwoody, Georgia USA

Best Buy FRAUD! Sold me a $1000 TV but only gave me a $700 TV Dunwoody Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Several options come to mind...

FRAUD!! My husband and I paid for a Panasonic Viera model #TC-P50ST60, a $1000 television, bought at the Best Buy at Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody/Atlanta GA.

When the television died (within the warranty period) and we contacted Panasonic for repairs, we found out it wouldn't be covered because the television on the receipt did not match the television Best Buy actually gave us. The television they gave us (model #TC-P50T60) was identical in appearance, but was only $700 because it did not have 3D (we had never attempted to use the 3D so did not realize it was missing).

Now I am out not only $300 for the difference in what I paid for and what I received, but also $1000 because the repair will not be covered under warranty and the set is useless. Best Buy refuses to assist us, although I was told by a local employee that they can simply check their inventory records for the week we bought the television to see if there is a discrepancy. Best Buy won't even do that. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Dunwoody-Georgia-30346/Best-Buy-FRAUD-Sold-me-a-1000-TV-but-only-gave-me-a-700-TV-Dunwoody-Georgia-1166882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Several options come to mind...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

File a complaint with the BBB.   File a complaint with your states attorney general.   Take them to small claims court.  Take your receipt and proof it's NOT the same model as you received.  Good luck to you.