Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, August 18, 2004

• Reported By:Centennial Colorado
Best Buy
8682 Park Meadows Rd. Littleton, Colorado U.S.A.

Best Buy ripoff camcorder still not fixed dishonest, fraudulent Littleton Colorado

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Best Buy Service spends their resources setting up employees instead of getting your equipment repaired.

*Author of original report: Best Buy Corporate still dishonest

On January 20th,2004 I took a camcorder to Best Buy to have repaired. A $54.00 deposit was required and if repair exceeded the deposit I would be contacted for authorization. I did not receive a call so on February the 6th we went into Best Buy to find it.

It was there and an additional unauthorized cost of $15.00 was due which I paid. We brought it home and it didn't even work for 5 minutes, it broke again.

We took it back on February the 12th. No deposit was required then because of recent repair( aligning the chassi ). On February 23rd I received a message from BestBbuy service center that repairs for the camcorder was $292.00 for a new chassi because the old one was damaged.

After many calls to the manager of the store and customer relation lines I was told they were not fixing it because they could not prove who did the damage or as they put it tampering. On the paperwork there is no damage noted. I was finally told to take the camcorder to the person who took it in for repairs and ask him if he remembers seeing damage on the camcorder. (like that's going to happen). If he says yes they will not fix it.

Denise
Centennial, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2004 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Littleton-Colorado-80124/Best-Buy-ripoff-camcorder-still-not-fixed-dishonest-fraudulent-Littleton-Colorado-81676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I was an employee of the Best Buy service center in the Denver area in charge of Camcorder and VCR repair and I will tell you I walked into a backlog of customers camcorders waiting to be repaired for at least 6 months, some as long as a year. I watched as one idiot manager after another came through that place creating more problems. The Camcorder tech that worked with me just took the cameras in and billed them out as major repairs without doing any work to them. Read that again: This guy would bill YOU for a major camcorder repair that he never did, and Best Buy would pay him on commission. Of course the product would come back as a redo but he would just order some unnecessary parts (at your expense) to get your camera off of the radar for a while, while he scammed some more innocent customers. I witnessed this for months. I find it incredible management would let this go on because the majority of managements time was spent on "loss prevention". Basically the Best Buy concept of loss prevention is to spend major dollars to set up their employees with fake customers and the like to call and ask you to basically be dishonest to see how you would respond, they did this to me at least once a month, I would have some obvious shill call me up with requests to damage his camcorder beyond repair or some other nonesense; it was so obvious. From what I can read this is still going on. To all the Best Buy employees that defend this horrible company, what do you as a pimply face 17 year old kid know anyways?

Best Buy Corporate still dishonest

AUTHOR: Denise - (U.S.A.)

Today I spoke with a person from best buy corporate office. He told me that i had to prove that they did the damage to my camcorder. What A company!!!!!