Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
Best Buy
Portland, Oregon Portland, Oregon United States of America

Best Buy 2yr. Warranty Bullshit, they said it would keep a record in the computer Portland Oregon

*Consumer Comment: yes I also agree

*UPDATE Employee: 1-888-Best-Buy is the KEY to all Product Replacment Plans and In home service.

*UPDATE Employee: What a attitude

It happened about a year ago when I purchased my PS2. I bought the 2yr. warranty plan along with it. I was told they would keep a record of me buying a PS2 w/2yr. warranty. I was like wow. I asked again just to be on safe side because this sounded like a new policy. So I asked the "stupid girl" just to make sure, she said "yep I just put your name in the computer so if you lose your receipt we'll still have record of you buying the PS2/W 2YR. WARRANTY.

Ok great so I dont have worry about losing my reciept w/2yr warranty because they kept in the computer for records right? Uhhhh no! BULLSHIT! My PS2 started skipping so I took it back and told them I wanted to exchange it. So about 1 month later I took it back for an exchange at the Customer Service desk, they ask me if I had a "receipt?" I told them "no but my name should be in the computer?" And you know what that stupid b***h told me? Well, I'm sorry I can't help you.................................., did you pay credit because we can track it, I didn't pay credit I paid CASH!!!!

OMFG, I started bitching and I got kicked out of best buy. What f - ing horseshit. Moral of my story Guys.

1)Buy with Credit Card so that you can KEEP A RECORD! Oh the last time I bought w/cash, I wanted CASH BACK, but they said they can't do that and RETURNED MY MONEY BACK WITH BEST BUY GIFT CARD and how ever much amount they owe me. What f***ing deevious-dishonest corporation.

2)Dont' believe anything those best buy workers tell you because most of them are just stupid newbie workers talking like they memorize all the polices in back of thier heads.

3)Best Buy doesn't a s**t about their customers . 4)On 14days return policies, if you open the box and want a exchange because you didn't like the item, they now CHARGE YOU 15% RESTOCKING FEE!!!!!!!!!! Even though the laptop was in return excellent condition. I had to pay a bullshit $150.00 15% restocking fee even though it was in excellent condition. So next time you exhchange it or return something, give a good excuse and say it has a defective part that way they dont charge %15 restocking fee.

One more important reminder. No time for stories but when you purchase something. Open the box, make sure its the item you want and NOT A PIECE OF BRICK OR WOOD.

Phong Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2004 01:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Portland-Oregon-97202/Best-Buy-2yr-Warranty-Bullshit-they-said-it-would-keep-a-record-in-the-computer-Portlan-122941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

yes I also agree

AUTHOR: Phong - (U.S.A.)

but what she first told me was, "Sorry, we can't help you" then she WALKED off.............. and I didn't know what to do, so if she wasn't going to help me i thought i would at least give a fight, so i got pissed off. what the f*** you know? at least give me a number or some sort of help instead of just walking off like that.

but now that i got tips from you guys I'll know next time, Thx

1-888-Best-Buy is the KEY to all Product Replacment Plans and In home service.

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

Correct.. ALWAYS keep your receipts, and MAKE COPIES. I have achives of receipts from years back and I've never had a problem. Patience is a virtue. If you had not been so rude with them, you would have gotten MUCH MUCH further with them.

What a attitude

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

First off let me be the one to tell you. You have one big temper. If you went to any store acting like that you should be removed from the store. What a jerk. If you call 1-888-Best-Buy they can find your orginal receipt with your PSP purchase on it. It's going to take a week or so. Also a restocking fee. Who doesn't do that anymore. You may thank all those people that go out and buy a big screen for the Super bowl and return them after. We can't sell that at the orginal price anymore. If this happened a year ago, Why now?