• Report: #419684

• Submitted: Tue, February 03, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 07, 2009

• Reported By:Byron New York
Best Buy
2833 W Ridge Rd # 18 Rochester, New York U.S.A.

Best Buy Would not honor the 30 day return policy and were exceptionally rude Rochester New York

*UPDATE Employee: wow

*Consumer Suggestion: CORRECTION Mike

*Consumer Comment: If You Buy Something From Best Buy, You Bought It

*Consumer Comment: BEST BUY NEEDS TO LEARN FROM CIRCUIT CITY'S MISTAKES -- ANOTHER BIG BOX ELECTRONIC STORE

*UPDATE Employee: Return Policy

I walked into the Best Buy store 24 days after I have bought this $1300 machine to get nothing more then a refund yet I didn't kow what type of absolute crap I am about to recieve.

I waited in line just like every customer in line when it was my turn lady said "Ser you will have to go to the geek squad in order for them to take a look at it for it is opened". Gracefully I marched toward the geek squad where I had another nice 30 minute wait for employee availability. When it was my turn the employee checked all my items which were perfectlly intact for I really have not used any of them all I did is open them. Okay done?

I went back to service desk in which I tell the lady "Hi, I would like to return this please", she turns over my reciept and says: "Ser, you are over your 14 day return pireod". I flipped. The employee(Jamie) who sold this device to me clearly stated numerous times that I have 30 days in which I am allowed to return this product yet, only 14 in which I am allowed to buy the warrenty.Jamie of course is not there and wont be there because he is on vacation.

I go back to service desk and tell them the whole store which they clearly state that in fact I am a liar and I should get out of the store because there is no way in hell that they are giving me this refund. I called corprate a few times but all they did was say the same thing in a nicer way.

I WILL NEVER SHOP IN BEST BUY AGAIN.

That really sucked. $1300 wasted for no reason...

Gal
Byron, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2009 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Rochester-New-York-14626/Best-Buy-Would-not-honor-the-30-day-return-policy-and-were-exceptionally-rude-Rochester-Ne-419684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

wow

AUTHOR: Dane - (U.S.A.)

when you decide to buy something from a store(not just Best Buy) you agree to adhere to their return policy, Best Buy's return policy is on the back of every receipt,on giant posters on the walls, and at the register, it is 100% your fault if you wait until after the return policy, be a responsible consumer. If Best Buy were to bend the rules for everybody who complained about this, then what would be the point in having a return policy?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

CORRECTION Mike

AUTHOR: D K - (U.S.A.)

If you buy something from Best Buy and do not adhere to the return policy clearly stated on the back of your receipt, THEN you bought it. You were told of the return policy and it was your employee's responsibility to make sure the camera did indeed have what they needed and to return it within the return policy they agreed to when they purchased the equipment.

If You Buy Something From Best Buy, You Bought It

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I experienced the same issue with their inflexible and predatory return policy.

I had an employee purchase a camera from Best Buy for our company as the camera he was using had malfunctioned.

Unfortunately because the employee was working on scheduled route for my company he couldn't get anywhere near a Best Buy store, once we found that the camera he bought didn't have the required features that the salesperson said it had. The salesperson claimed that the camera would have the features he needed and I even got on the phone and spoke to the sales associate asking to ensure that the individual would have the right features before he left the store.

My employee got out into the field and found that the camera didn't have what the salesperson claimed in terms of features we required. The individual got back home after completing his route, which by this time had exceeded the 14-day return policy.

I called and explained the situation to the manager, and guess what, "They don't care about circumstances or situations" and are totally unflexible to either the fact that their employee sold us the wrong camera, even though we specifically asked that it have particular features on it. I spoke to the manager at the store and even their corporate offices. Both are totally inflexible and shortsided. All they care about is that they got your money now, but apparently don't look at the long-term affect of losing customers.

Know this, when you buy something from Best Buy, you've bought it!

I am letting everyone I know about their inflexibility and practices so that they don't get stuck. I don't see other stores with this degree of inflexibility.

I hope that the word spreads like wildfire and I will certainly do my part. Like Circuit City and CompUSA, it will start to affect their bottom line, but only if people start educating themselves about Best Buy practices and how they treat their customers.

My company has spent thousands of dollars with them over the years, but no more. We're done!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I USED TO THINK THEY WERE ULTIMATELY OWNED BY THE SAME HOLDING COMPANY AND COULDN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE WHEN I WENT IN EITHER ONE.

IF THEY THINK BECAUSE CIRCUIT CITY IS GONE THEY CAN START ACTING IN A MONOPOLY DICTATOR FASHION I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR THEM:

WAL-MART

Return Policy

AUTHOR: Drawtaru - (U.S.A.)

The return policy is printed on the back of every reciept, as well as on giant posters on the walls of every Best Buy store. Items which have a 14-day return policy are laptop computers (but not desktop compupters), camcorders, digital cameras, and digital SLR cameras. Everything else will have a 30-day return policy. If you purchased a desktop computer and they wouldn't return it at 24 days, then you were ripped off. However if it was a laptop computer, they were well within their rights to tell you they cannot return it, and if you acted innapropriately in response to their telling you that you couldn't return it, they were well within their rights to ask you to leave, per Best Buy's SOP (Standard Operating Platform).

anticipation