Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Submitted: Thu, April 26, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2007

• Reported By:Oak Park California
Best Buy
390 N Moorpark Rd Thousand Oaks, California U.S.A.

Best Buy sales improperly packaged item and will not accept return Ripoff Thousand Oaks California

*Consumer Comment: Take it up with the manufacturer

On 04.24.2007 I purchased what was supposed to be a PNY Technologies GeForce 7600 GS PCI express video card. I tried installing the card that evening and it wouldn't fit in the PCI x16 Express slot on my motherboard. This was obviously an issue so I decided to return the card and pick up a different one.

Unfortunately, and much to my dismay, the Best Buy store that sold me the card would not take it back for the very reason I was returning it. On top of that, they told me that the card in the box was an $85.00 card and I had paid $215.00 for it. Clearly, a mistake has been made and I tried to explain this to the customer service reps and
"managers", but they were unwilling to provide me, an honest customer, with the customer service I deserve. The "managers" were rude, insinuated that I was lying, and refused to help.

In summary, I purchased a box that didn't contain what it was supposed to and in Best Buy's eyes I am responsible. Somehow the card that ended up on my receipt is not the card that was in the box. Best Buy claims that this is impossible and refuses to assist me with the matter. The fact of the matter is, it is possible and it is the reality of this situation. Why or how this happened is not my responsibility but I've been forced to pay the price for it.

James
Oak Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2007 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Thousand-Oaks-California-91360/Best-Buy-sales-improperly-packaged-item-and-will-not-accept-return-Ripoff-Thousand-Oaks-Ca-245759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

Take it up with the manufacturer

AUTHOR: Shawangunk - (U.S.A.)

Was the box "factory sealed" when you bought it? If so - it is very hard to PROVE within a reasonable doubt that the box actually contained the cheaper card and that you did not just switch your old card with the new one and try to return it for a full refund. Believe it or not, some people do this, which is why stores have more stringent return policies on such items.

Best Buy is not going to do anything for you regarding this issue, as no other store would either. You will get farther by dealing with the manufacturer instead. If what you are saying is completely true, then it is the manufacturer's issue anyway -- THEY are the ones that put the cheaper card in the box and sold it to Best Buy as a more expensive item.