Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Updated: Thu, December 22, 2011

• Reported By: Dawn — Marina Del Rey California United States of America
Best Buy
Torrance, California United States of America

Best Buy www.bestbuy.com Charges for items canceled and never received....30 days still no refund!!! Torrance, California

On November 24, I ordered a tv online from www.bestbuy.com.  I cancelled this order on December 1st with their customer service agent by phone.

On December 5th, UPS attempted to deliver the tv which I had cancelled. I did not accept or sign for this shipment, I informed the driver that order was cancelled and asked him to return to sender. It was received back at their warehouse on Dec. 6th at 11:24 am and signed for by their employee and received at their dock according to the UPS tracking information from the shipment.

On December 7th my debit card was charged $301.69 for the returned and cancelled item. I notified best buy by phone and was told I would receive a refund promptly.

As of December 22 I have now spoken with 19 different customer service agents at best buy with no resolution and no answers as to when my money will be returned. The last agent was rude, and hung up on me so I called back asked for management and was hung up on again 4 more times.

I have contacted my local district attorney's office and filed a complaint with them as well as here.

I just want my money back for an item I never received and cancelled prior to it being shipped to me. I don't believe that this is legal for them to hold onto my payment 17 days after receiving an item back, and no one at best buy's customer service line is willing or capable of helping resolve this problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2011 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Torrance-California-/Best-Buy-wwwbestbuycom-Charges-for-items-canceled-and-never-received30-days-still-no-812986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy