Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Updated: Sun, October 02, 2011

• Reported By: Nevermind — Clovis California United States of America
Best Buy
Utica, Michigan United States of America

Best Buy Geek Squad Best Buy/Geek Squad bills $667 to repair on/off switch on an 18mo old $450 computer Utica , Michigan

Bought a computer from Best Buy for $450. 18 mo later the "on off button" not working. Took to Geek Squad, have IN WRITING estimated repair of $106.  Seemed steep for the button but agreed to the price in JULY 2011,6 weeks later got a CALL from the GoonSquad to come pick up the computer for$667 bill! I said..."you must have the wrong computer, my estimate was $106 can I get a fax or email with the repair itemization?" GoonSquad: "no, you have to pay the bill first and then you can get the invoice/itemization."I say WT HECK? that is unethical! I have spoken to numerous Best Bully and Goon Squad reps, and no one will honor my contract, showing $106. THEY SAY that they have agreement for repairs
at $667. I ask for proof, anything in writing? NOPE. anything on voice recording? NOPE. just the goon squad notes in their computer saying someone in my family agreed to the $667 charges....do NOT trust them or pay for their rotten service. Our family will NEVER buy anything from Best Bully or Goon Squad again! BTW they sent me a letter stating we abandoned the item and have 30 days to pay up or lose it! GoonSquad!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2011 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/Utica-Michigan-48315/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Best-BuyGeek-Squad-bills-667-to-repair-onoff-switch-on-an-18mo-old-783846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy