Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: BA — Tallahassee Florida U.S.A.
Best Buy

Best Buy Corporate Sanctioned False Advertising & Misrepresentation, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: In Writing?

Best Buy sanctions illegally misrepresenting services.  I bought a laptop there and asked about Geek Squad coverage.  I was told the turnaround time is 2-3 days.  Based on this claim, I bought the service.

Over the next 9 months, I brought two computers in for service four different times.  Four out of four times, I was told the turnaround time would be TWO WEEKS.  When I balked based on the claim (2-3 days)motivating me to buy the GS service, I was told that they would move it up on the cue (to what the original service claim was) for an ADDITIONAL $150 per event!

Four out of four times I was told the 2 week turnaround by the Geek Squad, I walked 30 feet to the laptop department and asked about purchasing a new laptop.  I asked about warrantee and the salesman went into the GeekSquad spiel.  They CONSISTENTLY claimed that the GS turnaround time is 2-3 days.  This claim was made, 4 out of 4 times, just 3 minutes & 30 feet away from being told 2 weeks!

When I complained to corporate that the service claims are misrepresented in the sales department and the GS are practicing extortion on a consistent basis, I found out that they actually have a SKU number assigned to this illegal practice, proving that there is corporate, nationwide agreement on this extortion!

I think the Only reason an attorney would not go on a national class action suit is that BestBuy, due to the behaviors causing a sinking reputation, is predicted to be out of business very, very soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/internet/Best-Buy-Corporate-Sanctioned-False-Advertising-Misrepresentation-Internet-932435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

In Writing?

AUTHOR: IntheKnow - (USA)

Last I looked there is and was never any SIGN or written agreement for timely turnaround.

"They told me," doesn't cut it.

Hook, line and sinker agreeable consumers make it easy for retailers to perpetuate questionable sales tactics.

Just posting here would be enough warning given the history of BBY.

Anyhow, year one is under mfr warranty for any electrical/electronic/hardware issues.

Use a more reputable repair center.