Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Reported By: Lisaandkids — Temecula California United States of America
Best Buy

Best Buy Geek Squad black tie service Repair ripoffs..Do Not Use , Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Geek Squad or The RipOff Squad

*Author of original report: Made it right...can you believe that?

*Consumer Suggestion: Same 'ol

I am disgusted with the service received, well.. NOT received from the Best Buy Geek Squad. I took my DSLR Nikon Camera To my local store for a tune up. The camera had a minor, I mean minor problem, so I was told I would have it two weeks later. Well it has now been 7 WEEKS. CAN YOU BELIEVE that?!? And I still do NOT have my camera. I have called, emailed and have gone back in person to my local store. All I am told is it is in repair. Really?! No kidding. I BROUGHT IT IN,!! They say they can't call the repair place, it's not allowed. WHAT.? They aren't allowed to call their OWN repair place? THere are no updates when I check on.ine. no updates have been emailed to me. This is so unbelievable and ridiculous. I will NEVER NEVER buy another product that needs a protection plan at Best Buy. How can it take this long for a product that wasnt seriously broken to be looked at. I am a very understanding person, but COME ON! This is maddening.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/internet/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-black-tie-service-Repair-ripoffsDo-Not-Use-Internet-934429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Geek Squad or The RipOff Squad

AUTHOR: dontjudgebyrace - (United States of America)

My mom bought a very expensive nice water camera that cost more then 300 dollars. It came defected and we took it to them and it was going to be a week, at the most two but it was there for two months and we went on vaction twice without being able to use it because everytime we went to ask if it was done or if it was ready or just to find out about it, it wasn't ready. And the had to fix it, they couldn't have easily exchanged it for another one if it broke out of nothing. Then it breaks again. We take the camera again and tell us again one to two weeks. Three and a half weeks pass by and my mom needed the camera because we were going on another trip. They took forever to fnd out what had hapened to the camera and finally after the second time of it breaking, they told us we can get an exchange after not having it for 3 and half weekd and they supposeby told us "that it was confirmed that we can get and exchange" and they didn't even call us. We didn't even know. If we would have not gone any time sooner then we wouldnt have gotten it.

When we bought the warranty they told us if it breaks we get an exchange not if it breaks we take it to the geek squad and wait more than a month to get it fix. They cashiers shoul be a  MORE SPECIFIC.

Made it right...can you believe that?

AUTHOR: Lisaandkids - (United States of America)

UPDATE!
The Agent in charge of my case and the store manager got me a NEW camera. While still not taking any blame I was issued a credit for the original price I paid and was able to get a new camera. The agent in charge would not tell me where my camera was but the store manager told me they believe it is in Canada..I live in California, well the both begin with C, close enough..right..?!?!? I'm still not happy with the service but I do have a shiny new upgraded camera in my possession. Q

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Same 'ol

AUTHOR: IntheKnow - (USA)

If this is year 1, the mfr warranty is still in effect and your Columbian neck tie plan only caused you to add another layer to the repair channel.  No benefit otherwise.

Let me ask you, did anyone guarantee a turnaround time?  Nope.  Never has, never will.  You are actually at the mercy of the plan administrator.  This means that the store has ZERO to do with the repair other than shipping it out.

Sell 'em and duck.