Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Updated: Sun, March 20, 2011

• Reported By: smartyd — 97702 Oregon United States of America
Best Buy

Best Buy Geek Squad rip-off Internet

I bought a laptop a couple years ago from Best Buy and they convinced me to purchase the Geek Squad warranty for $240. The laptop died within the warranty period and I had to cry to get them to work on it (they said they didn't handle software issues. Turns out the hard drive had died). They finally replaced the hard drive with nothing on it (I had to configure and load everything myself). They also gave me a "new" battery although I had no problem with the previous battery and did not request a new battery. The "new" battery they gave me holds no power what-so-ever! Thank you, Geek Squad of Best Buy, for taking my perfectly good battery and giving me a dead one instead. May you be repaid in kind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2011 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/internet/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-rip-off-Internet-708336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy